Blitz Build TR2

Andy J

2 hrs later than planned 😴 it's time to make a start on this. There are three colour options for this kit british racing green, red madder or white. Im going for the red with black trim πŸ™‚

Β 

spacer.png

Β 

Best crack on lots to do, maybe I should have checked all the parts were present earlier πŸ™„ Oh well fingers crossed 🀞 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

A mate has a real one in British Racing Green, just be thankful you dont have rust to cut out, lead loading etc like the real ones.

Best of luck

Β 

Β 

cheers PatΒ Β 

Thanks Pat ,does your freind have a spare steering wheel the kit one is shown below πŸ™„

Β 

spacer.png

Β 

Err seems like something is missing oh dear 😳 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Andy J said:

Thanks Pat ,does your freind have a spare steering wheel the kit one is shown below πŸ™„

Β 

spacer.png

Β 

Err seems like something is missing oh dear 😳 

It’s one of those special floating steering wheels.Β 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Andy J said:

maybe I should have checked all the parts were present earlier

Already run into that issue with mine. Short break to check other builds andΒ rummage in the spares box for some flat transparent bits to fettle into shapeΒ 

15 minutes ago, LostCosmonauts said:

Already run into that issue with mine. Short break to check other builds andΒ rummage in the spares box for some flat transparent bits to fettle into shapeΒ 

All adds to the fun I suppose πŸ™‚

1 minute ago, JOCKNEY said:

The middle of the steering wheel might be in the chrome shiny parts ?

Already checked mate but the panic is over there is a complete steering wheel in the kit on a different sprue and yes I'm a fool i know πŸ™„

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, JeroenS said:

Very nice Andy!Β 

Thanks mate needs a bit of fettling here and there and there's still quite a few parts to add but I'm happy with today's effort. Never been involved in a group build before but I doubt this will be my last one a very enjoyable day along with a great bunch of fellow modellers. What's not to like πŸ‘

• Like 2

Brilliant stuff Andy - I spent 4 hours at the bench today and finally managed to fit two resin instrument consoles and ejection seats to my current aeroplane build - I'd need a 24 month blitzbuild...!!

Β 

That paint looks great - is it just as it came out of the airbrush?

Β 

Keith

11 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Brilliant stuff Andy - I spent 4 hours at the bench today and finally managed to fit two resin instrument consoles and ejection seats to my current aeroplane build - I'd need a 24 month blitzbuild...!!

Β 

That paint looks great - is it just as it came out of the airbrush?

Β 

Keith

Yes mate mr colour red madder thinned 50/50 with leveling thinner straight out the airbrush. No time for 2k clear mate but tbh I'm happy with the results anyway πŸ™‚. For some reason today I've got the urge for an aircraft build and maybe a crack at some armour so interesting times ahead πŸ‘

• Like 1