Supermarine Swift FR5

1 hour ago, 2996 Victor said:

I'd like to add my compliments and say that this is a splendid build, if I may!

As a confirmed enthusiast of aeroplanes "with a fan up front", jets have never figured large in my modelling activities, even as a child.

However, I've been looking at the Airfix Swift lately and thinking I might indulge myself, and your build is just the inspiration I need!

Thanks for sharing.

With kind regards,

Mark

Hi Mark. Thanks for your kind comments. I'm glad to have inspired you to look at an alternative type of aircraft from your usual modelling interest. It's good to have a change now and again. I must admit that the cold war is my main interest (mainly British) but I also dabble in WW2, WW1 and even armour from time to time.

Regards

Graham

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, binbrook87 said:

Hi Mark. Thanks for your kind comments. I'm glad to have inspired you to look at an alternative type of aircraft from your usual modelling interest. It's good to have a change now and again. I must admit that the cold war is my main interest (mainly British) but I also dabble in WW2, WW1 and even armour from time to time.

Regards

Graham

Thanks, Graham, your kind words are greatly appreciated!I I'lldefinitely be finding myself a Swift, and I suspect there may be a Hunter, too!

My sons are both young (I was a late starter!) and my eldest, 13, has recently enjoyed building an Airfix Tomahawk. I think I might try him with a Jet Provost, and as we do our own "group build", I'll have to do one as well!

Thanks again and kind regards,

Mark

• Like 1