Spitfire Ix MH488 of 130 Squadron 1945

badger

Hi All

I don't usually frequent this part of the forum being an AFV modeller but I have a query I was hoping the experts in here could help with.

I have a set of decals from an unknown manufacturer (printed by fantasy printshop) that has 8 schemes for post war spitfires. Sadly I have no instructions for these. They are not the Freightdog ones (I have these as well).

One of the featured aircraft is MH488 A-PP of 130 Squadron. 

I'd like to have a go at this but cannot find any pictures of this aircraft showing the location of the yellow personalisation writing. 

If anyone has anything, or can point me in the right direction I would be very appreciative.

Kind regards 

Ben

2 minutes ago, 303sqn said:

It's there under the exhaust.

Fantastic - thank you very much.

That looks like the decals- may I ask what the manufacturer is as I have the rest of the sheet I'd like to use in the future.

Kind regards

Ben

• Like 1

If the decals that you have say printed by Fantasy Printshop at the bottom and include other Spitfires,...... then be wary of the roundels as if it is the sheet I think it is,.... provided by one of the modelling magazines (Scale Aircraft Modelling?),..... then the roundels are the wrong size,... I tried to use them on a model.

https://www.google.com/search?q=mh488+spitfire+130+sqn&tbm=isch&ved=2ahUKEwjxotqIyb7rAhUKSxoKHVUzCq8Q2-cCegQIABAA&oq=mh488+spitfire+130+sqn&gs_lcp=CgNpbWcQA1CXIFi3JGCcJ2gAcAB4AIABdYgBrwGSAQMxLjGYAQCgAQGqAQtnd3Mtd2l6LWltZ8ABAQ&sclient=img&ei=oVJJX7HOFYqWadXmqPgK&bih=524&biw=1242&safe=strict&hl=en#imgrc=x57luaMgqqwqqM

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, tonyot said:

If the decals that you have say printed by Fantasy Printshop at the bottom and include other Spitfires,...... then be wary of the roundels as if it is the sheet I think it is,.... provided by one of the modelling magazines (Scale Aircraft Modelling?),..... then the roundels are the wrong size,... I tried to use them on a model.

https://www.google.com/search?q=mh488+spitfire+130+sqn&tbm=isch&ved=2ahUKEwjxotqIyb7rAhUKSxoKHVUzCq8Q2-cCegQIABAA&oq=mh488+spitfire+130+sqn&gs_lcp=CgNpbWcQA1CXIFi3JGCcJ2gAcAB4AIABdYgBrwGSAQMxLjGYAQCgAQGqAQtnd3Mtd2l6LWltZ8ABAQ&sclient=img&ei=oVJJX7HOFYqWadXmqPgK&bih=524&biw=1242&safe=strict&hl=en#imgrc=x57luaMgqqwqqM

That's the ones - there's  a sheet of 8 different aircraft.

No idea where I had them from and there's no instructions at all. They are in 1/72.

Thanks for the heads up - luckily I have plenty of roundels in the spares box.

All the best

Ben

• Like 2