T-47 Air Speeder (Snowspeeder), Paper Model

Manage to get a few hours in on the smaller detail and yes its all paper still :)

As you can see it now has landing gear and gear doors!

50588560388_e1f5cf42ef_b.jpg

and the top side...

50589426487_25d0b07ab2_b.jpg

I have managed to build the rear tow gun and some of the panel detail.

Next I am onto the rear detailed fins :)

Edited by Stephen W
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Hunter Rose said:

Wow hadn't realised the size of it! Very impressed 

Thank you.

I don’t know if like me you had the original Starwars toys but they were not made to scale compared to each other. I remember having a Snowspeeder as a kid and the toy was the same size as my x wing and the ATAT seemed too small too.

I am planning to build an ATAT to the same scale and detail out of paper after this. The ATAT will stand about 41cm tall :) 

• Like 3

On 11/13/2020 at 11:06 AM, Stephen W said:

Thank you.

I don’t know if like me you had the original Starwars toys but they were not made to scale compared to each other. I remember having a Snowspeeder as a kid and the toy was the same size as my x wing and the ATAT seemed too small too.

I am planning to build an ATAT to the same scale and detail out of paper after this. The ATAT will stand about 41cm tall :) 

Oh man yeah the at at was a big toy but I remember how massive the snow speeder was in comparison! 

And a 41cm tall one would be awesome!! 

25 minutes ago, moondrome said:

Great result! Is the weathering and painting already in the design before printing or is a second step? In this case , how good does the paper hold up?

Thank you, the weathering is all done in Photoshop after being modelled in 3ds. I just use a UV unwrap modifier and then import the texture.

In regards to keeping it looking good I always spray mine, once built, with a matt varnish to protect the colours from fading and to seal everything.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Soeren said:

What would you say about this paper design compared to the available plastic kits?

Your model looks fantastic.

Thank you, The main reason I am using paper is I can create the model from scratch and give it my own spin more easier. 

I would say both are great but it depends on what you would like to achieve, as you can see you can get some really good detail in paper.