T-6G Texan Algeria 1957 1/48 Ocidental Réplicas / Italery

Hi folks.

I want introduce my final work. This is Texan T6G French AF in Algeria 1957.

Model was build very long time. Start was 5 years ago. Model build from box +  Eduard - FLAPS.
Best regards.

118403555_3377299792329394_2992811656007spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 40
  • Thanks 2

A perfect little Texan with masses of care and attention to detail. Beautiful end result. очень красивый:clap2:

How did you make the aerial wires? specifically the point at which the two wires become one at the canopy.

Pete

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Pete in a shed said:

A perfect little Texan with masses of care and attention to detail. Beautiful end result. очень красивый:clap2:

How did you make the aerial wires? specifically the point at which the two wires become one at the canopy.

Pete

Thanks for the feedback Pete. (Спасибо большое) I made the antenna from a string for beads. I connected the antenna by passing it two times through a thin tube. The tube was made from a tube of Chupa-Chups candy, the tube was stretched to the desired thickness over the flame of a lighter.

118407554_305553320710054_36196764303407

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 4

Michael, cracking job there on a great looking Texan, looks like the photos of the real thing in Alain Crosnier's book Le Armée de l'Air en Afrique du Nord Tome 2 which has a large section on these workhorses, you've done them proud.  Well done sir!

With that weapons fit, it's what the French referred to as a T-6G-2 (the difference between a G-1 and a G-2 being the gun fit, G-2's had the pods like your model).

This is just the sort of thing I hope to see in the Texan/Harvard STGB that I've proposed.  Admittedly, you only get three months for an STGB, not five years.

Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wow!  Impressive results on this.  So that's what they looked like!  Do you have a copy of "A Savage War of Peace" in Russian?  In there, you'll find that many of the T-6 pilots were transferred from FAF F-100 squadrons, so they had to really adjust their flying techniques.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Wez said:

Michael, cracking job there on a great looking Texan, looks like the photos of the real thing in Alain Crosnier's book Le Armée de l'Air en Afrique du Nord Tome 2 which has a large section on these workhorses, you've done them proud.  Well done sir!

With that weapons fit, it's what the French referred to as a T-6G-2 (the difference between a G-1 and a G-2 being the gun fit, G-2's had the pods like your model).

This is just the sort of thing I hope to see in the Texan/Harvard STGB that I've proposed.  Admittedly, you only get three months for an STGB, not five years.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the feedback Wez.

I have 2 volumes of this book (Alain Crosnier's book Le Armée de l'Air en Afrique du Nord).

This model was inspired by watching these books.

Best regards.

spacer.png

Edited by Michael-S
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

Wow!  Impressive results on this.  So that's what they looked like!  Do you have a copy of "A Savage War of Peace" in Russian?  In there, you'll find that many of the T-6 pilots were transferred from FAF F-100 squadrons, so they had to really adjust their flying techniques.

Thanks for the feedback.
No, i don't have this book in Russian.
I think this book will be very interesting for me.

Thanks for the tip, I was not aware of this book.

Best regards.

Edited by Michael-S