Saro London and Boulton Paul Overstrand info needed.

Elias

Hello to all,

can anyone help for these two interwar types?

I only have some very usefull plans from Aviation News series from a forum friend and  i'm more interested for a cutaway especially for London and for the Aeroplane Monthly articles for Overstrand.

Regards

Edited by Elias

Elias,

I have the Aeroplane Monthly article on the Sidestrand and Overstrand at the A&AEE. There are no drawings or cutaways, and just three photos of the Overstrand.

If you PM me with your email address, I am happy to scan and send you the article.

I can'y help with the London - I only have the Ian Stair drawings from Aviation News.

Peter M

The London is covered rather poorly by the (my?) references. As Peter above, I have just the Aviation News drawings and then some books on Saunders-Roe or British flying boats with no really useful drawings or cutaways.

It is better with the Sidertrand/Overstrand. The Aeroplane article has around 20 pages in total, including colour profiles and Keith Woodcock paintings, and two-pages' cutaway of the Overstrand. It was published in three installments in Nov 1994 - Jan 1995. You should have no problem to obtain the magazines, I found several of them for sale after just a few clicks today in the morning.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, europapete said:

Also check out  seawings.com for London refs. Its a great flyingboat site run by Brian Ribbens.

Actually, it's Ribbans. Also, check out his forum, http://theflyingboatforum.forumlaunch.net/index.php?sid=46901f7410c6740e0539dd831f7ea1cc

The moderator there is a pretty cool dude!

Chris

• Like 1

The iwm site has some photos of the London, I just searched saro so you need to look through all the results

https://www.iwm.org.uk/collections/search?query=saro&pageSize=30&media-records=all-records&style=list&filters[webCategory][Photographs]=on

There's only one pic of an Overstrand https://www.iwm.org.uk/collections/item/object/205094050 - bonkers engine cowlings!

If only the Flight Global Archive was back on line - it's been unavailable pending an upgrade for far too long.

• Like 1

Hi Elias, there are good 1/72 Overstrand drawings by George Cox in Aeromodeller June 1957. They are well annotated and include cross sections and forward fuselage internals. There's also a build feature for his wood Overstrand model.

PM me your email address and I'll send you scans.

Great project. Good luck.

Tim

• Thanks 1