Revell 1/144 Embraer 190 Lufthansa New Livery

Dear Colleagues;

I would like to share my latest finished project, Revell 1/144 Embraer 190 Lufthansa New livery.

As many of you know, Revell E-190 kit is a fun to build and went together really well. However my initial plan was little bit different. I wanted to build her with open windows and did not want to use windshield decal but paint chipping issue which I had experienced ruined my plans. Since size of the area which the paint was lifted too large and it ruined my paintwork, I had to remove all the paints on fuselage, tail and the wings by using oven cleaner. Unfortunately, cleaner leaked into cockpit section removed all my paintwork. So I have to give up clear window idea, filled all cabin windows and cockpit section, model was re-primed and re-painted once again. Considering the effort put in, It took more than 2 months to complete.

I should admit that the livery itself may not be to everyone´s taste as it is rather dull and boring. But somehow I like nice harmony between dark blue and white, So I decided to use kit decals which looks high quality with sharp fine printing. In order to add some realism on cockpit section I prefer Authentic Airliners E-190 cabin and windshield decal set.

Paints are Mr. Color GX-1 (white) for fuselage, mixture of Mr.Hobby H5 (%90) Mr. Hobby H2 (%10) for tail and rear section. Metallics are Model Master and Alclad 2, Following the application of decals 5 thin coat of Mr.color GX112 airbrushed. 

I hope you enjoy the pictures, thanks for looking.

Greetings

Berk.

05-2

09 11 12 13 14 04

• Like 39
  • Thanks 1

Very nice.

Originally I wasn't keen on the new Lufthansa livery but has grown on me particularly since I saw it close up on an A321 NEO. It's rather cool and classy and you've captured it well.

Dave G

Hi Berk! Very nice work indeed. I really like this model; the detail seems to be quite good, and the decals are top notch. I am certain no one would have known of the issues you faced before the final posting. Never heard of using oven cleaner to remove paint. If I had not seen your post, I would have thought that oven cleaner would be way too harsh for model/styrene plastic use. I've always used lacquer thinner soaked into a course cotton cloth and pressure to remove paint, with no dripping, and good control on where it is applied. I am with you...I don't really like the "new" Lufthansa livery...I think it is too sterile. However, it does present pretty well, especially on the E190 and on this kit in particular with the details applied. And it took only 2 months to build? WOW!! If I could finish a model in two months, I would throw a party!! Nice work! Thank you for sharing. :clap:

Thank you so much for all comments guys.

@Challenger350Pilot Thank you! To be honest oven cleaner very effective way to remove acrylics such as Tamiya and Mr. Hobby without damage to plastic. However I used mr. Color lacquer and thought that cleaner would work of it but not. It did not remove any paint on fuselage. So I change my strategy and used lacquer thinner as you suggested.

Speaking for myself, modelling is a lifetime learning hobby,  every model is a test bed that learning new skills, tips and techniques 😊

@Skodadriver At first glance new livery seems so boring but as you stated when I spotting at Frankfurt Airport on crj900 I changed my mind and really like harmony between dark blue and white which seems and feels premium brand.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...