Tamiya Suzuki RGB500

Hello friends! 👋 

Been a while since I've been on here and even longer since I posted anything. You know, what with the virus thing and all... 

Anyhew, time to start up a bike build.. 👍 I bought this kit at Telford (ahh, the memories... 😂) a couple of years ago for a sensible price. I had grand plans to backdate it to a '77 machine and do it in Sheene' s colours. But it needs too much work for my skill level /time availability /patience.. 

It also turns out the decals are probably furchtbar. So I had a rethink and picked up some Studio 27 Mike Hailwood, 1979 TT decals (sheet covers Senior and Classic TT). 

spacer.png

The TT bike and the 1980 GP bike are quite different. Mainly wheels should be 5 spoke not 3, seat unit is the wrong shape, exhaust repositioned, fairing slightly different shape (though it would pass IMO), and there were winglets on the fairing on the TT bike (as if that would catch on...... 😂 😂).

Too much work there too... 🤔 So what is this build!? Well, its a "what if". 

What if, in 1980, Suzuki decided to turn out their GP bike in a special, one-off tribute livery to Hailwood's last TT win? Like Yamaha have done recently with the speed blocks, the Fiat500 scheme, or various riders basing one-off schemes on their flag for their home gp round and so on. 

So, a 1980 Suzuki RGB500 in Hailwood's 1979 Senior TT winning colours. Just for fun! 

Here we go then. 

W-D 

Edited by Wonky Donkey
Wait, Where's my pictures gone...?