Halcyon 1/35 "Aliens" APC

I started this kit around 26 or years ago and though I got as far as brush painting a coat of olive drab on it I could see it was going to be nothing more than a boring green box.  I started thinking about it again after watching Kallisti's excellent build and then recently found its hiding place. Only improvements to the kit are those that can't be seen; metal axle stubs and thicker metal studs for the gun carriage so it doesn't rattle about. Mostly painted with Humbrol enamels.

Aliens-APC-08.jpg

Aliens-APC-09.jpg

Aliens-APC-10.jpg

Aliens-APC-11.jpg

Aliens-APC-12.jpg

Aliens-APC-13.jpg

Aliens-APC-14.jpg

Edited by JamesP
  • Like 27
  • Thanks 1

A great representation of the APC, my friend! The weathering is at just the right level. 

Has anyone noticed that the Colonial Marines can stand up whilst inside the APC, but once they get outside, they're actually taller than the vehicle?  That's the magic of Hollywood, I guess...

Chris.  

• Like 1

On 8/27/2020 at 12:54 PM, TEXANTOMCAT said:

That’s spot on is that. I love the fact that the real thing was based on a Douglas aircraft tug! 

It was a Hunslet Air Towing Tractor, Model ATT77 they acquired from Heathrow. Its original weight of 72 tons was reduced to 28 by removing the lead ballast, lead lined wheels and 4 inch steel plating. it was then dressed up with 1/4 inch steel to make the APC.

tractor.jpg&key=d37359e5fdf5651fa613e190

Superb build James, happy I inspired you

On 9/3/2020 at 5:46 PM, spruecutter96 said:

Has anyone noticed that the Colonial Marines can stand up whilst inside the APC, but once they get outside, they're actually taller than the vehicle?  That's the magic of Hollywood, I guess...

Well that and there is no way the inside can even fit into the vehicle at all, its too tall, to wide and waaay too long :) Its obviously a Tardis!

Edited by Kallisti
  • Like 3