1/48th Eduard Spitfire Mk.I, 602 (City of Glasgow) Sqn, Westhampnett, Summer 1940

17 minutes ago, wellsprop said:

Stunning work Tony, looks amazing!

Have you made the Tamiya kit? If so, how does it compare?

Thanks mate,..... no,... I do have the Tamiya kit but have not built it yet. I have compared th surface detail and the Eduard kit is much better. 

3 minutes ago, Silver Fox said:

Yet another cracker mate. It is odd they put a new style of decals into the package and not mention it in the instructions?

Thanks Andy,..... yeah I know,....that is what I thought and I only realised by accident. There was a thread about it in the WW2 section.

• Like 1

I was pondering whether to acquire one of those new Spitfires. You've made my mind up for me.

Plus your usual impeccable work. All the usual superlatives apply. 

Now on to the Eduard website.......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, noelh said:

I was pondering whether to acquire one of those new Spitfires. You've made my mind up for me.

Plus your usual impeccable work. All the usual superlatives apply. 

Now on to the Eduard website.......

Thanks Noel,... and you won`t be disappointed,..... enjoy your kit. I was one of those who wondered why Eduard were doing yet another Spitfire Mk.I and P-51D when there were already superb kits available,..... and then I built them,....WOW! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jeff G said:

I love the camo variation along the leading edge, such an interesting twist on a very classic aircraft.

Cheers Jeff,..... yeah that was what I liked about it too,..... classic Battle of Britain,.... with a twist! 

8 hours ago, russ c said:

Excellent Tony and like how you managed to find one to do that`s a little different too. Great job

Thanks Russ,.... you know me,.... I like finding something a bit different.

7 hours ago, ForestFan said:

Lovely job. I've managed to get hold of this boxing too but it looks too nice in the box for me to ruin it! Look forward to your next one

Thanks mate,..... oh I felt like that too,.... a bit scared to touch it,....... but just dive in,..... honestly you will love it.

6 hours ago, SAT69 said:

Exceptional build! You folks will have me building a Spitfire yet!

LOL,.... Thanks mate,..... go on,.... you know you want to!! 

5 hours ago, binbrook87 said:

Another corking build 👍 I love the unusual wavy demarcation line on the leading edge of the wings....really stands out. Top work. 

Thanks mate,..... yeah I liked that twist too, plus the Popeye artwork. 

3 hours ago, RMCS said:

Superb 

Thanks buddy. 

Very nice mate, I have managed to resist this so far, as I have three 1/48 Spits in various stages of construction, including one on the BoB 80th GB.

Nice picking an unusual  one and that is not weathered to death, as has been recently pointed out some of these machines didn't last long at all. In the Hardest day it recalls a machine that had a total of 24minutes on it when it was shot down and didn't even have sqn Code on it !!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Paulaero said:

In the Hardest day it recalls a machine that had a total of 24minutes on it when it was shot down and didn't even have sqn Code on it !!

X4110 of 602 Sq,  shot up, but flew back.

https://imgur.com/gallery/GrRxX

24 minutes ago, Paulaero said:

Nice picking an unusual  one and that is not weathered to death, as has been recently pointed out some of these machines didn't last long at all.

modelling fad , as opposed to observation of the real things is the cause of the over weathering 

Lovely work on that one @tonyot  :goodjob:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, F-32 said:

That's great work

Thanks mate. 

3 hours ago, Paulaero said:

Very nice mate, I have managed to resist this so far, as I have three 1/48 Spits in various stages of construction, including one on the BoB 80th GB.

Nice picking an unusual  one and that is not weathered to death, as has been recently pointed out some of these machines didn't last long at all. In the Hardest day it recalls a machine that had a total of 24minutes on it when it was shot down and didn't even have sqn Code on it !!

Cheers Paul,..... I was the same, but this kit really is something special and was well worth it. Observing the real aircraft it hardly has any exhaust staining and looks brand new, so I agree it would be daft to over weather it. There were quite a few aircraft that didn`t get their full code applied.

3 hours ago, Troy Smith said:

modelling fad , as opposed to observation of the real things is the cause of the over weathering 

Cheers mate,....... agreed about the weathering `fad',.... often well overdone and probably never even looked for photos of the real thing to use as reference,.....unlike us!

Thanks fella`s,

Tony 

(As usual) a cracking job Tony, there's quite a few BoB Spits being built at the moment and yet again your example should help Eduard clear their stock quicker than most. 

Now I used to say when I grow up I wanna build kits like TO'T, however just realised we share 2020 Club 50 entrant status, so that's not gonna happen now is it! 

Cheers mate and HB.. Dave 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Troy Smith said:

You have hit the nail on the head there Troy, wonder how many would comment on a Model of X4110 that it was unrealistically clean !! 

Would make an interesting Dio with its damage and broken back, be a nice tribute to its pilot who survived til 1999

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

(As usual) a cracking job Tony, there's quite a few BoB Spits being built at the moment and yet again your example should help Eduard clear their stock quicker than most. 

Now I used to say when I grow up I wanna build kits like TO'T, however just realised we share 2020 Club 50 entrant status, so that's not gonna happen now is it! 

Cheers mate and HB.. Dave 

Thanks Dave,..... 2020 Club 50,.... LOL,...like it! I think these kits will simply walk off the shelves on their own without my help! 

11 hours ago, Terry1954 said:

Really stunning looking Spitfire Tony. Excellent job.

Terry

Thanks Terry,.... it is a stunning kit mind you. 

• Like 1