M151A2 TOW - Tamiya 1/35

Ron NL-S

No, unfortunately not. So I need to find some very fast growing greenery. Or fake it. And its effectiveness.

Just like the clown-like facial make up of the driver.  Who "camouflages" themselves like that??? My Sgt. would kick in the family jewels, should I have tried that. But that was long ago. Maybe the doctrines have changed by now?

Edited by Ron NL-S
  • Haha 1

On 8/26/2020 at 1:07 PM, Ron NL-S said:

No, unfortunately not. So I need to find some very fast growing greenery. Or fake it. And its effectiveness.

Just like the clown-like facial make up of the driver.  Who "camouflages" themselves like that??? My Sgt. would kick in the family jewels, should I have tried that. But that was long ago. Maybe the doctrines have changed by now?

Perhaps his face turned that colour because he did have a kick in the fore-mentioned area?

4 minutes ago, Jinxman said:

Perhaps his face turned that colour because he did have a kick in the fore-mentioned area?

I am not sure, but doubt it. Judging by earlier, personal experiences shades tend to vary from pinkish red to very pale. With a strong inclination toward the latter.

Green is usually reserved for other occasions.

• Haha 2

Nah, not really.

I got stalled.... with 3 teens in the house and no mom as back up, things tend to not always go as planned. And I had planned to start painting, but just got home from driving kids around.

19:08

I must admit that I am not really enjoying myself with this build. It is too stressful, trying to manage drilling out the holes in the wheel hubs, hand painting the wheels, driving kids around, grocery shopping, airbrushing, preparing food, feeding dogs & cats, airbrush some more, cleaning the thing in between to then have my compressor give up on me! The pressure regulator is toast and it pumps full throttle all the time. Sub-optimal if you have to spray a camouflage pattern. Massive overspray!!

spacer.png spacer.png

• Like 2

Sunday 2020-08-30 10:14

And we're at it again! I painted the first layer on the windscreen & cover and put together the driver, giving him a "fritz"-helmet and his personal gear. I also touched up on the paint on the Mutt, thereby overpainting one wheel in brown, just to break the uniformity.

spacer.png spacer.png

• Like 2

16:57

Still going. Figure has been painted basically. Still some details to finish. I find it very hard to create a credible woodlands pattern and I think I chose some wrong colours for that too.

The mutt is coming together. The first batch of decals is in place and I added 2 rags over the headlights as makeshift field camouflage. Some pictures show this in practice.

The batteries in the clock gave up too.

spacer.png spacer.png

• Like 3

21:12

I made it! With 24hrs (2x12) I "finished" this build. On the pictures I see that I need to do some touch ups, like the sloppy painting of the "tape" on the left side. And placing an antenna.... But in general it is done. It was a great challenge, but one that I will not accept anymore. It is not my style, rushes me too much and takes away the relaxing aspect, kills the fun a bit, too.

I kept the wear and tear to a bare minimum, because of the time limit and added the Team Orange marking on the back of the seats, where some spraying mishaps were all to visible. I also added his personal gear and a box of chow.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png spacer.png

• Like 3