Trumpeter 1/32 Nam Spa

It’s been a while since I posted but to break the ice, I thought I’d post my latest build which is a Nam Spad.  About 7 months of work on the build and finished today,

Ordnance is all after market and the cockpit is Aires - an absolute nightmare to join the fuselage and I should have stuck with the kit cockpit which is actually as good if not better.  ‘Nuff said. 

Hopefully his has worked - first time with Flickr.....

50270224171_a30df95649_b.jpg

Spad

Spad

Spad

Spad

Spad

Spad

Spad

Spad

It's a fascinating plane with the payload is carried being greater than a B-17.  I cant remember the metric (gallons or litres) but one of the old sceptics (so it must be gallons) that used to work on Spads in the 60s posted that is carried 40 gallons of oil, most of which ended up all over the fuselage after a mission as oil leaked like hell.  I've gone for weathering that was consistent with an end of mission, although its fully bombed up, so we will assume a bit of poetic license as its just landed and been bombed up and is straight out again.

The tanks are red as the Sceptics painted them for Christmas.  How very festive!

Anyway - Flickr sorted, so here are the piccies

Edited by simmerit
  • Like 18

Simmerit

The easiest way is to just copy and paste the link - as circled on my screenshot - into your post, and the Britmodeller machinery will do the rest

PS screen

Hope this helps

Bruce

Edited by pacificmustang

1 hour ago, pacificmustang said:

Simmerit

The easiest way is to just copy and paste the link - as circled on my screenshot - into your post, and the Britmodeller machinery will do the rest

PS screen

Hope this helps

Bruce

It helps if you make the piccies public....  Mine were private so noone could see them.  Durgh....

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, phildagreek said:

That looks rather smart, good effort!

Thank you.  Its only my second 1/32 build.  I need to get back to armour really, but I'd got a second Spad on the go which is Korean war, so an earlier model.  Third Spad arrived a few weeks ago......  I'm a bit Spad obsessed at the minute.  Wokka soon!!