Buccaneer S2

Completed this some weeks ago. The cracking Airfix kit... can't really praise it enough. Painted with Tamiya and Gunze Aqueous but didn't have the heart to add any weathering! Finished off with Xtradecals for a 801NAS machine.ย 

Thanks for looking! ๐Ÿ™‚

ย 

IMG_20200825_182734

ย 

IMG_20200825_182720

ย 

IMG_20200825_182819

ย 

IMG_20200825_182803

ย 

IMG_20200825_182843

ย 

ย 

• Like 56

That is one lovely looking Bucc and in the best scheme.ย  I am building one right now and have an awful fit around the exhaust parts and rear fuselage join - yours looks perfect...!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Booty003 said:

That is one lovely looking Bucc and in the best scheme.ย  I am building one right now and have an awful fit around the exhaust parts and rear fuselage join - yours looks perfect...!

ย 

Mine dry fitted perfectly, then didn't in the same places as you when building. I have a theory that the fit is so fine that if you use excessive amounts of glue and clamp pressure on the internal engine box structure, you squash it enough to throw the the fuselage top and bottom out of kilter which then affects the intakes and tail. So if I ever build another one I'll be use less POWER and see if it just falls together.

BTW not saying mine had a bad fit, just needed a bit of sanding and some putty at the forward wing root.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That looks great, what a fantastic colour scheme. I did a Bucc during lockdown with the "old" Airfix kit and it was a mutt, I might have to revisit the type...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Justin M said:

Very nice, I have one in the stash ready to build once I have finished one of my current projects. Looking forward to it.ย 

Thanks very much. I had no major problems...really nice kit...might do another one at some point ๐Ÿ˜

• 2 months later...

Missed this the first time around, congratulations on a standout Bucc, built as nature intended ๐Ÿ˜

ย 

I'm building this airframe in 1/32 and this is inspiration, it looks superb ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

ย 

Alanย 

9 hours ago, Alan P said:

Missed this the first time around, congratulations on a standout Bucc, built as nature intended ๐Ÿ˜

ย 

I'm building this airframe in 1/32 and this is inspiration, it looks superb ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

ย 

Alanย 

Thanks very much Alan...much appreciated ๐Ÿ‘ Good luck on the 1/32 aircraft, it sounds epic!

• Like 1