Peddinghaus decals 1/72 IDF Tank Markings Instructions

Sydhuey

I recently purchased some sets of Peddinghaus 1/72 IDF Tank Markings decals , however they come with no instructions with positions on the vehicles, instructions on application but nothing on were they go !

I looked on the Peddinghaus site and they have no instructions either , thought it was strange to sell decal without positioning drawings .

72 1308 - M 48, M 48, M 51, Centurion, Centurion

72 2348 - M7, M4 A3, M 48, M 109, Merkava 1

EP 1309 - M 48, M 60

Thanks Syd

Plenty of pictures of said vehicles online.  Orientation of the V and numbers of barrel rings varied by sub-unit.

This site might help https://www.flamesofwar.com/hobby.aspx?art_id=4155

You could also look at the Star Decals website.  They have colour images of their sets there, including many of the vehicle types you mention.  Some are available in 1/72 at much more reasonable money than Peddinghaus.

3 hours ago, Forsaken said:

In terms of quality what are they like?

I can't speak for the Bismarck decals. However I did purchase some 1/72 Luftwaffe ones from Peddinghaus earlier this year. In general terms I found them to be okay. More specifically:

1. They were on the slightly thicker end of the spectrum but not so much that there was a problem. They didn't breakup like ROP o.s. decals (grrrrr!) or not conform easily like Tamiya.

2. Unlike most decal sheets they were printed on the sheet as a whole. In other words I had to cut around the edges of the individual decals and trim them carefully. This is okay for simple shapes but I wouldn't like to do it with a complex shape.

3. The print quality was good and all seemed to be in register. The colours appeared accurate and well saturated.

4. I felt the scale was out on their Luftwaffe aircraft code letters on the batch I bought (Stuka codes). They were smaller than the Airfix equivalent. This may of course be Airfix in the wrong.

5. Service was fairly quick but I wasn't a fan of their website or communications. I was beginning to think something had gone wrong when they suddenly arrived.

6. They have a good range of subjects that are often unavailable elsewhere.

On balance I would buy again if the subject wasn't available elsewhere. Hope this helps.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Pete F said:

Service was fairly quick but I wasn't a fan of their website or communications. I was beginning to think something had gone wrong when they suddenly arrived.

Yes, and that's their biggest failing. You can order decals from them and they arrive fairly quickly, but try sending them an email and it's like the gestation period of an elephant before they reply, if they reply. I ordered some custom made decals from them in May and despite several emails, nothing. Then all of a sudden, at the beginning of this month, they turned up. Trouble is, they'ed done them in the wrong scale!. Now I'm trying to get them to acknowledge that fact, but so far zilch!

John.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1