AJ 37 Viggens exchange with 41 Sqn Coltishall Sep '83

Mountain goat

Hi all,

I was reminded by the Low-level speeds thread of a squadron exchange that took place between F6 Wing from Karlsborg (AJ 73 Viggens) and 41 Sqn at Coltishall (Jaguars), in September 1983.

Thing is: where can I find any good photographic evidence of this? I have found two grainy photobucket pics on the Fightercontrol forum, but that's it. In the interest of accessibility to historical sources: Is anyone here in possession of pics taken at Coltishall during this interesting and unique deployment? One would think the local spotters community would have been in full attendance? 😉 Links also welcome of course.

Jay

• 2 weeks later...

Somewhere deep in the archive I have a photo of a pair of Jaguars leading a pair of Viggens over the north sea on their way into Coltishall, the striking thing about the photo is the Viggen pale grey camo looks almost white. . ! 

. . . hang on, I'll go have a dig round in the photo archive

. . . brb!! 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/5/2020 at 4:30 AM, Kes said:

Somewhere deep in the archive I have a photo of a pair of Jaguars leading a pair of Viggens over the north sea on their way into Coltishall, the striking thing about the photo is the Viggen pale grey camo looks almost white. . ! 

. . . hang on, I'll go have a dig round in the photo archive

. . . brb!! 

Thank you! Looking forward to them. These would be squadron exchange sometime in the 1990s I believe? The Viggens in 1983 were green but I could be wrong. 

Jay

On 9/5/2020 at 11:55 PM, RidgeRunner said:

Aircraft Illustrated had a photo report, if I remember correctly. They also had a good report on the Danish F-100 exchange. 

Martino

Thanks! I will look it up. They can often be found second hand so I live in hope...

Jay

http://www.collectair.co.uk/pdf/interview-hr.pdf

Not really helpful for pics but.. Maybe of interest none the less?

I did my service right next to old, disbanded F6. Even ate at their old cantina when they renovated ours (K3 but I was at another unit there...)

Wish I had been there when they flew the Ajs or even A32As.. But there was, is, still one as a gate guardian at old F6, jogged past quite a few times.