Hi All

This is the Italeri rebox of the old Fujimi kit, and it still holds up well against more modern equivalents. I think I prefer the ease of construction plus the more refrained panel lines over the Airfix equivalent. I also love the novel idea of the rubber tyres! (helps prevent the model slipping about on the shelf!) 

I have wanted to model this 43 Squadron machine ever since I saw it at the Mildenhall Air Fete in 1986. This aircraft stood out as it was the only one at the show (I think?) that remained in the original camouflage scheme as most had gone grey by then. 

Paints are airbrushed Tamiya and Gunze Aqueous, and with a mix of Xtradecals and the kit offering. 

Thanks for looking, comments as always much appreciated. 👍

IMG_20200824_192426

IMG_20200824_192239

IMG_20200824_192311

IMG_20200824_192104

IMG_20200824_192347

IMG_20200824_192227

IMG_20200824_192202

Edited by binbrook87
  • Like 60
  • Thanks 2

Very nice work. I have plans for this very scheme and kit for some time in the future and if it’s half as nice as this I’ll be well pleased.

Cheers Allan 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, binbrook87 said:

I also love the novel idea of the rubber tyres!

Yes!  Yes!  YES!!!  Why is this not standard?!  My bald spot would be half the size if I didn't have to paint the blasted tyres on the rims.  For me they don't even have to be rubber (I'm not concerned with slipping) as long as they're separate from the rims.

Another cracking build, by the way.  👍👍

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Billy54 said:

Very nice Phantom, I like it a lot and I agree with your comments concerning the rubber tyres.

Thanks! First time experimenting proper with some pre shading. Bit of a faff if I'm honest but tried to make the underside a bit less bland 🤔