Ford Trimotor - modified Airfix 1/72 kit

19 hours ago, billn53 said:

The pics were interesting, but it’s a good thing they’re gone and Space Ranger didn’t notice your accidental violation of this bang-bang free zone 😁

I know! I had a hard pucker there for those few moments after I realized what I had done and getting it deleted. I was expecting to be transported just beyond the moon's orbit at any moment. I'm still checking the household perimeter of off-Earth suspects.

Chris

• Haha 3

Nice! That didn't take long at all, did it?  It seems that the turn-around time on the mail service is improving.  How much did you $$ to obtain the custom decals, if I may indecently ask, and how many sheets were you obligated to purchase to make it worth Arctic's while?

28 minutes ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

Nice! That didn't take long at all, did it?  It seems that the turn-around time on the mail service is improving.  How much did you $$ to obtain the custom decals, if I may indecently ask, and how many sheets were you obligated to purchase to make it worth Arctic's while?

This were super speedy indeed.

I have been purchasing decals and masks and "chromed" window frames, besides commissioning my own decals, for many years from Mika.

I suggest you contact Mika at Arctic Decals for you inquiries, as projects vary in design complexity, number of images, number of colors, special colors (metal colors, white), references availability and other factors.

Mika also has many other projects, so you may have to wait a bit sometimes, which I don't mind. He may or may not take on your project, depending on his schedule and other variables.

This particular one he turned it into a set available for everyone.

• Like 5

I ran across this video while looking for info on Ford Tri-motor models. 

It’s not in the one true scale, and it’s made from paper - not plastic. But, it does have a nice toilet 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, billn53 said:

I ran across this video while looking for info on Ford Tri-motor models. 
It’s not in the one true scale, and it’s made from paper - not plastic. But, it does have a nice toilet 😁

There is a drawback with paper planes, Bill: Once the passengers have consumed the allotted toilet roll, they start to tear the plane apart for wiping material.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

31 minutes ago, Moa said:

There is a drawback with paper planes, Bill: Once the passengers have consumed the allotted toilet roll, they start to tear the plane apart for wiping material.

But... A desperate passenger might consider plastic to be an acceptable toilet alternative, I would imagine.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

22 minutes ago, billn53 said:

You might be surprised. Necessity is the mother of invention:

https://m.ranker.com/list/historical-toilet-paper-alternatives/nicole-levin

"What have the Romans ever done for us?"

In defense of the maledicted Cassius and Junius, the sponges were owned and used by the individual, not communal, many had their users' name engraved on them.

• Like 2

Just now, Jeddahbill said:

Such wonderful results with this old kit Sensei Moa - very nice indeed!  A real inspiration for me to revisit this kit.

Respect!

Bill

Thanks, Bill

And you certainly shall. Much fun is to be had hammering to shape this corrugated beastie.

Cheers

2 hours ago, DMC said:

Just one man’s opinion but this old Ford is the best you’ve posted on BM.  Lovely!

Dennis

Oh, I know you Dennis, you are just sayin' 😁

2 hours ago, Bengalensis said:

Good you caught that in time, the upcoming flight photos could have ended in disaster otherwise.

It's looking fantastic, lovey work.

Poor 1/72 test pilot!

"-Palos Verdes airfield tower, this is the pilot of Ford F-31, the controls are reversed and in the wrong place! I urgently need to go to the restroom! and the toilet is sloshing uncontrollably!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2