Ford Trimotor - modified Airfix 1/72 kit

1 minute ago, thorfinn said:

My mother used to copy church bulletins with duplucator fluid.

I had no idea that's where it came from....

And Martian duplicator fluid is known to be highly toxic. It's been banned on most planets.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Space Ranger said:

Space Rangers are the peace keepers of the United Worlds of the Solar System. We report to the Secretary-General. We have not been de-funded (yet) as we have a stellar reputation.

Martian Lives Matter!

🐙

(someone had to say it)

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

17 minutes ago, Space Ranger said:

And Martian duplicator fluid is known to be highly toxic. It's been banned on most planets.

I’ve heard (from whom I don’t exactly remember) that if you inject it, it cures practically everything. Or, am I thinking of bleach?

• Haha 5

24 minutes ago, Space Ranger said:

Not exactly toxic but you do run the risk of the Memsahib giving birth to lots of tiny Martians. The normal number of births at a time is about twenty. You have been warned!

2 hours ago, Moa said:

Redundancy per se is not a bad thing. We have the @Martian that pops every two posts to remind us that intelligent life exists in Mars, and we love him.

I misread that and thought you said I poop every two posts! That would be exceedingly imconvenient all round. 

43 minutes ago, Moa said:

Is that @Martian again playing with his duplicator

This is supposed to be a family show!

42 minutes ago, billn53 said:

You would think the Space Rangers would get off their duff and so something about that. 

Not really; my cousin Kang is Chief Space Ranger. He is possibly the most corrupt creature in the entire Universe and will anything for a bite of your toffee apple, so i paid him off.

39 minutes ago, Space Ranger said:

Unfortunately, our Martian has diplomatic immunity. Otherwise we'd have taken away his toys long ago.

Well, I do and you can't :tease:

29 minutes ago, Space Ranger said:

Space Rangers are the peace keepers of the United Worlds of the Solar System. We report to the Secretary-General. We have not been de-funded (yet) as we have a stellar reputation.

All I have to do is offer Kang an extra toffee apple and you will be Ex-Space Rangers and before you try it, I will see you a toffee apple and raise youa toffee apple!

See the mayhem you unleash when you wake sleeping Martians Moa?

Martian 👽

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, billn53 said:

I’ve heard (from whom I don’t exactly remember) that if you inject it, it cures practically everything.

Absolutely.

You will not catch something again. Ever.

:wicked:

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, billn53 said:

I’ve heard (from whom I don’t exactly remember) that if you inject it, it cures practically everything. Or, am I thinking of bleach?

I believe you are thinking of a suggestion of your Presidential Wig and his glove puppet.

Helpful of Mars👽

• Haha 2

Working on the details, which often sends me back to photographic references, I realized I had missed the antenna mast and wires.

This type of tall mast located at the aft restroom bulkhead is associated with Western Electric radios.

I have only two other photos of planes with the same antenna, a NAT machine and Ford NS1, a Department of Commerce machine for which, no matter how many hours I spent searching, I only found one bad photo. It seems to be a beautiful example, with some small notes of color.

I have added the control cables from the front of the plane to the wing, fabricated a crank for the open mail hold, and prepared the above-mentioned antenna.

IMG_1868+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

4590479638_a12e0c8b02_o.jpg

I think the radio worked with "Toilet Energy"®(@Martian patented it)

Aviation_Week_1930-02-15_0075.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I just found two more images of NS1, one in the exceptional Bill Larkins publication "The Ford Trimotor 1926-1992", and another online on Alamy Stock (of really bad quality).

It is described as a "Club" model, that is with some additional luxuries at the cost of some seats.

Pity no colors for it are stated anywhere.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Martian said:

Not really; my cousin Kang is Chief Space Ranger. He is possibly the most corrupt creature in the entire Universe and will anything for a bite of your toffee apple, so i paid him off.

I have news for you: Your "cousin" Kang was exposed as a Opheucian agent some months ago (with the help of Juliandra, Suzerain of the planet Herculon) and is now doing hard labor on the prison moon Negato. And your shipments of toffee apples have been seized due to non-payment of interplanetary customs duties. Unfortunately there is nothing else we can do due to your diplomatic immunity status, but you have been warned!

• Haha 6

9 hours ago, Space Ranger said:

I have news for you: Your "cousin" Kang was exposed as a Opheucian agent some months ago (with the help of Juliandra, Suzerain of the planet Herculon) and is now doing hard labor on the prison moon Negato. And your shipments of toffee apples have been seized due to non-payment of interplanetary customs duties. Unfortunately there is nothing else we can do due to your diplomatic immunity status, but you have been warned!

Given my profession, retired Officer of Customs and Excise, the toffe apples have now been liberated what you didn't know is that my kid brother, Little Martian is Governer of Negato and is evem more corrupt than Kang. All he wanted was half a toffee apple. Just for being difficult I think it's, "bend over Space Ranger, it's rubber glove time! ":yikes: Just to make sure we make a thorough job of it, I wil get @general melchett to get Captain Darling to do the job apparantly he likes that sort of thing and has made it one of his hobbies. :evil_laugh:

Martian 👽

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, Martian said:

Given my profession, retired Officer of Customs and Excise, the toffe apples have now been liberated what you didn't know is that my kid brother, Little Martian is Governer of Negato and is evem more corrupt than Kang. All he wanted was half a toffee apple. Just for being difficult I think it's, "bend over Space Ranger, it's rubber glove time! ":yikes: Just to make sure we make a thorough job of it, I wil get @general melchett to get Captain Darling to do the job apparantly he likes that sort of thing and has made it one of his hobbies. :evil_laugh:

Martian 👽

In order to preserve interplanetary peace and harmonious relations, The Secretary-General of the United Worlds of the Solar System has decided to overlook this effrontery and allow Martian shipments of toffee apples (and only toffee apples) to Negato and to Martian's relatives on any world on which they may abide. However, this "red line" in space must not be crossed, or serious repercussions will follow!

And for your information, the medical technology of the United Worlds has long surpassed the rubber glove stage. I suppose rubber gloves (tentacle gloves?) are still used on Mars, but how does one tell when a Martian has bent over? They all look the same from any angle.

Anyway, the current crisis has been averted, so I now relinquish control of this channel back to the builders of plastic models.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Space Ranger said:

Anyway, the current crisis has been averted, so I now relinquish control of this channel back to the builders of plastic models.

What? Is there a model getting built?

1 hour ago, Moa said:

giphy.gif

No one over here ever took any notice of that prat when he was speaker of the House of Commons, so I can't think why you wpuld think he will have any more effect on BM.

Puzzled of Mars 👽

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, dogsbody said:

One question, please. How many orifices are there on ( in? ) a Martian?  Asking for a friend.

Chris

Two rectums, two pee holes, one mouth, one nose, three ears and a hole for frightfulness.

Helpful of Mars 👽

• Haha 6

2 minutes ago, Martian said:

What? Is there a model getting built?

Nah, it's a social experiment.

3 minutes ago, Martian said:

No one over here ever took any notice of that prat when he was speaker of the House of Commons, so I can't think why you wpuld think he will have any more effect on BM.

And I thought British were the epitome of politeness!

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

2 minutes ago, Moa said:

Nah, it's a social experiment.

And I thought British were the epitome of politeness!

We are mostly but clearly you have not met our politicians. I am sure Mrs Moa can enlighten you further as to what an utter shower they are.

Martian 👽

• Like 1
  • Haha 4