Ford Trimotor - modified Airfix 1/72 kit

15 hours ago, Moa said:

The fix seems to be fairly effective. Still I am sure this can be improved. As I mentioned before, because I did the foil first than any other work on the wing, it suffered a few small nicks and little bumps that could have been avoided.

But the basics are there for other modelers to apply if they feel like trying.

Maybe the susceptibility for bird strike effect can be lessened by filling the back of the extra corrugation with epoxy (when mounting to the kit's parts) or any other kind of convenient filler.

39 minutes ago, Jochen Barett said:

Excuse me for telling you something you just told me 😉

Not at all, it presents again a helpful tip that other modelers -that joined the thread later- may find useful.

Redundancy per se is not a bad thing. We have the @Martian that pops every two posts to remind us that intelligent life exists in Mars, and we love him.

• Haha 6

8 minutes ago, billn53 said:

Looking great, as always, Moa. Makes me want to build another Ford Tri-motor....

Bill, you must sober-up! Think of your mental health! Of the dreadful consequences of building this kit for your well being. 
More seriously, I was thinking as I was adding some details "This could have been one of Old Airfix's winners" so many nice things, and yet botched so clumsily in others.

Sigh..

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, thorfinn said:

They've probably been de-funded by the local council.

Space Rangers are the peace keepers of the United Worlds of the Solar System. We report to the Secretary-General. We have not been de-funded (yet) as we have a stellar reputation.

• Like 1