Ford Trimotor - modified Airfix 1/72 kit

37 minutes ago, Moa said:

Stuart, I am surprised that you did not recognize this as an already finished model.

It's called "The state of the country since 2016 and still today", done in inhuman scale.

Well, I apologize if I didn’t appreciate that it’s a finished model.  If so, I believe you are missing an essential item to bond the pieces together: orange elephant dung of the most disgusting variety. Or, is this supposed to be a “clean”, unweathered build?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

30 minutes ago, 72modeler said:

You mean you don't have a toilet brush? (I'm only saying it before @corsaircorp beats me to it!) :giggle:

Mike the ashamed

I was led to believe that the little furry yappy dogs some ladies carry in their purses might have been what we today call "service dogs".

Not sure it those services extended to... well... brushing.

(TM?)

• Haha 8

21 hours ago, Moa said:

By the way, talking about spare bins, that's where my wife claims she found me.

That would account for a lot of things!

Enlightened of Mars 👽

• Haha 5

18 minutes ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

Most impressive!  Yes, agree with others' comments about the nacelles.  If they represent the finish of the final assembled product, it's going to be really beautiful.

BM statutes clearly state:

"In no way a random and fortuitous exceptionally good partial result guarantees that the final product will follow suit or in any way be held to the same high standards. Moreover: BM will strictly and harshly apply The Law (Murphy's Law) to avoid any consistencies or optimal outcomes and will enforce, with all the resources at its disposition, that which is the fundamental Tenet of Modeling, that is, S..T WILL inexorably happen."

The Powers have spoken

(Austin Powers)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Moa said:

BM statutes clearly state:

"In no way a random and fortuitous exceptionally good partial result guarantees that the final product will follow suit or in any way be held to the same high standards. Moreover: BM will strictly and harshly apply The Law (Murphy's Law) to avoid any consistencies or optimal outcomes and will enforce, with all the resources at its disposition, that which is the fundamental Tenet of Modeling, that is, S..T WILL inexorably happen."

The Powers have spoken

(Austin Powers)

Nonetheless, I do like your nacelles, even if you muck up the rest of your build (slim chance of that!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Moa said:

Hi Bill

The nav lights are indeed from the clear resin CMK set. But I made my own wing landing lights to replace the clear plastic ones provided in the kit.

Will you be mounting the nav lights in pods, as in this pic?

46232547242_bc9e10b3ce_b.jpg

1 minute ago, billn53 said:

Will you be mounting the nav lights in pods, as in this pic?

Nope, the aircraft I am depicting had one half teardrop on top and the other underneath the wig tip.

The rudder white nav lights were similarly places, one on each side of the balance horn.

Thus once more we repeat the old adagio: when and if possible check photo references for your intended plane.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Moa said:

Thus once more we repeat the old adagio: when and if possible check photo references for your intended plane.

I was “fortunate” when I did my build. There are no surviving photos of the Miskatonic Expedition’s tri-motors. The plates all came out fogged, for some unworldly reason. Thus, I could do pretty much as I pleased, so long as it was typical of the era.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, 72modeler said:

Knowing Moa, he has a master for the pods. That windscreen looks like it would be more suited to a tugboat!

Mike

I do not cast anything (well, I may occasionally cast some suspicion).

I made all mine, when needed, by hand. These were made for my Westland Wessex passenger plane -posted here some time ago:

IMG_2740+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

IMG_2741+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

IMG_2742+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

IMG_2743+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

IMG_2744+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Wow! Deja Vu! When I built my 1/72 Matchbox Siskin, which used very similar navigation light pods, I used the warheads of 5" HVAR's, hollowed out the backs, put in a drop of red or green paint, and made the nosecaps from white glue; drilled out the bodies for a sprue attachment rod, just like you did! You go, Moa! (Attaching the taillight pod to that thin rudder trailing edge was a real exercise in frustration, let me tell you!)

Mike

Edited by 72modeler
corrected spelling
  • Like 2