1/72 - Northrop R/RF-5A Freedom Fighter by Hobbytime Model Kits (plastic ESCI/Italeri) - released

Homebee

4 hours ago, sroubos said:

This is the same ESCI tooling as recently released by Wolfpack I think? Good to have it available again, hopefully the price is a bit better than the Wolfpack kit.

Indeed -  Italeri will also release the ESCI F-5A later this year I believe.

Jay

• Like 1

Still a very nice kit, I built one a while back (sadly destroyed in a house move, my made up kits looked liked Eindhoven on 1/1/1945) and have at least another in the stash. 

If the price is reasonable might get some but I still have a load of Esci & Italeri kits in the stash.

Paul Harrison

Think I have several F-5B's in a Revell boxing too.

Edited by GreenDragon

2 hours ago, Mountain goat said:

Indeed -  Italeri will also release the ESCI F-5A later this year I believe.

That was the plan. Hopefully, that production run wasn't completely dedicated to this one... 

(i.e. why release/package your own kit at extra cost when you've just sold plastic to another company to release it as well)

Perhaps this has already been mentioned on their Facebook page, I don't know - but I just noticed the two sets of both Turkish markings on the decal sheet. It would reasonable to assume there will be two kits per box...

Jay

On 8/25/2020 at 8:46 PM, alt-92 said:

(i.e. why release/package your own kit at extra cost when you've just sold plastic to another company to release it as well)

quite often because you have come to a territorial marketing agreement, and lowered the unit production cost for both companies

• Like 1

On 8/27/2020 at 3:14 PM, Mountain goat said:

but I just noticed the two sets of both Turkish markings on the decal sheet.

It would reasonable to assume there will be two kits per box...

Three, actually. Per that logic, three kits. :P But look at the stencil set: just one.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/28/2020 at 2:05 PM, Giorgio N said:

I hole that the release of this one and the Italeri box will convince a few companies to offer some aftermarket parts. There is very little today for the F-5A

Wonder if Sword still has the molds for the very decent resin canopy mechanism that was included in their T-38 kits.

Ugh, and more poor Canadian decals.  Luckily in this case, the issues with 116744 are easy to fix, just leave off the wing markings.  The earlier CF-5 scheme didn't have any!

Jim

Edited by airjiml2

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Northrop R/RF-5A Freedom Fighter by Hobbytime Model Kits (plastic ESCI/Italeri) - released