This is the first in some bus/coach builds I have planned and in progress. This is a BT models Duple Dominant coach. The model is an 11m version and I’ve used two models to build a longer 12m version.

This is first in a few builds of ‘buses and Coaches in my life’

My god father ran a travel club, holidays weekends and day trips as a hobby and his good friend owned TNC Coaches in Brum. We had lots of trips out in this coach. It was the last new vehicle brought by the owners Dad before he passed away. 
the build has decals from Dodgers decals, custom made for me.

A work in progress pic to show the work involved as the wheel base and rear overhang is different on the 12m leopard than the generic 11m in the model

48626484767_7ae33d987f_b.jpg

finished

50263468501_43eb0f26f6_b.jpg 50263652457_2f73ab8549_b.jpg 50263468491_c2a482528c_b.jpg

One with the original type of model to show the changes. This will be re-painted also (price travel) shortly 

50263468531_345670fc6a_b.jpg

the left over bits will be a short 9m coach so no waste 👍

48626339421_8a1cfae180_b.jpg

• Like 9
4 hours ago, richellis said:

50263468531_345670fc6a_b.jpg

Cracking build, and lots of good construction work in modifying these to the various lengths. Now all you need is to add a motorbike jumping them in the picture above :)

• Haha 2

Nice subject, don't see many coaches built

Brings back a lot of memories, my dad did some part time work for Wicksons in Brownhills and 2 of my uncles did as well for another company Hednesford way and I very often was taken along for trips out with them :) 

Ian :) 

11 hours ago, wamwig said:

are you an MBF member?

You'll have to fill me in on that one please 🤔 unless it's some weird secret society 🤣

12 hours ago, Redstaff said:

You'll have to fill me in on that one please 🤔 unless it's some weird secret society 🤣

Model Bus Federation, a group for bus/coach modellers

• Thanks 1