Airfix 1/48 Hurricane Mk.I

Hey all,

Having a bit of a Battle of Britain spree at the moment, just finished Airfix's new(ish) Hurricane with some aftermarket in the form of Eduard Brassin wheels, Quickboost exhausts, a Yahu instrument panel, Eduard seatbelts and some decals from Extradecal to represent Douglas Bader's aircraft.

Painted with Mr. Hobby Acrylics and finished with Extracolour Enamel Matte Varnish

The weathering was achieved through the use of both pre & post-shading, oil paints and a watercolour silver pencil for the chipping

Hur9.jpg

Hur1.jpg

Hur3.jpg

Hur6.jpg

Hur5.jpg

Hur2.jpg

Hur7.jpg

Thanks for looking guys!

Sam

• Like 51

11 hours ago, keith in the uk said:

one pointer , the wheel bay would have be left in natural metal not interior green.

Painted aluminium, not bare metal.  As are the rest of the internals, apart from upper cockpit walls and rear bulkhead.

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234963507-all-the-hurricane-questions-you-want-to-ask-here/&do=findComment&comment=1682406

What evidence there is shows a switch all grey green internals and UC well in underside colour from the 8th Hawker produced batch on, certainly from KX181 onwards (cockpit photos) 

One exception, the batch built by Austin Motors, they used Grey Green, as there are films of the production line,  batch of 300, but  All the aircraft in this batch with the exception of AP516, AP524, and AP530 were shipped to Russia.

batches

http://www.k5083.mistral.co.uk/APS.HTM

HTH

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Steve27752 said:

Very nice, an observation if I may? The wingtip lights. The bulbs were coloured and not the glass which was clear.

Thanks for all the comments guys! With the wingtip lights I noticed airfix hadn’t facilitated putting in the usual depression  in the plastic that you could sit a drop of clear green/red in. In hindsight I could’ve drilled them myself but in the end, given the size of the part I painted them in the end 😂

• Like 1