Tribute to a departed Modeller

JOCKNEY

As you will see from the photos below this build is over the 25% rule so I have asked for permission to add it to this Group Build for a special reason.

This kit used to belong to a fellow kit Modeller called Donald John MacKay, who lived locally in Oban and was a good mate of @Scimitar . Donald passed away recently leaving his family with an extensive stash of both books and models from a lifetime of collecting and @Scimitar real name Richard was a great help to the family in enabling them to get proper value for the items.

This kit and others Donald never finished were rescued from the rubbish bin as the family were clearing the house. I have asked Arnold @Arniec for special permission to join this GB with this kit to finish it as a tribute to Donald. Arnold has been kind enough to allow the kit to join the GB, for which I am especially grateful.

Many thank Pat

IMG_5190

IMG_5191

IMG_5192

IMG_5193

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

Good luck with your build and that it will be a great looking model.

That it will be a great tribute to Donald your fellow modeller.

Cheers,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Another "Well Done Pat". I will follow with great interest. As many have said a fitting tribute. I think all of us would appreciate someone helping our families to get value for our collections - reference materials, tools and kits- built, unbuilt and half-built - or at least find them a home where they'll be appreciated. 

Ray

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Apologies everyone, work, family and other builds have prevented me continuing with this one.

However fear not, it has found a new home in the MTO III GB, where I will endeavour to do this one justice. 

Regards Pat

• Like 4