Meng 1/35 Leopard 1A5

Continuing my Cold War theme, I have done the Meng Leopard 1A5.   I was surprised these didn't go our of service until '93.  I thought they were shelved as soon as Leopard 2 come out.

I really enjoyed this kit, even the infamous workable tracks (5 parts per link!) which I found therapeutic after the year I've had.  This was my first time going the NATO three colour scheme and (on finding out they are all sprayed exactly the same in the factory) my first time using blue-tack as a mask.   I thought it came out really well so I decided to leave it as a factory finish with only a bit of weathering on the tracks.  I saw a review where the tracks didn't hold up to using oil and terps as a wash so I watered down so ammo acrylic with water.  I picked the decals that matched a unit closest to where I was stationed in Germany. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

y4mhjhl4uGoq7O6jOeqjKzQvz5NDg--9JtLg7G5j

y4m52HeY7QlBIpOsrBRYxd4jXasqWIR8lskWQ0uE

y4mAiHmFjuP4i5w0RqoJeRF1QUUnuNNzPL7dS-fW

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Just now, neil5208 said:

Excellent work Bill, will see it in the cabinet next week

Indeed, but with this, the Chaffee and the Centurion I'm finishing off it will be getting a little crowded.  I have another Chieftain in the stash so the Mk5 may get thinned out.  I've done a Fuchs as well but that went horribly wrong.

How's the garden doing?

9 hours ago, Big_Bad_Bill said:

Indeed, but with this, the Chaffee and the Centurion I'm finishing off it will be getting a little crowded.  I have another Chieftain in the stash so the Mk5 may get thinned out.  I've done a Fuchs as well but that went horribly wrong.

How's the garden doing?

Garden is almost done, just the top edge of wall to go but todays weather has already put that on hold so hopefully start mixing concrete this afternoon