Firefly skyraider

SoftScience

Spad is on its feet, and a few other little things done.

IMG-20200910-211102.jpg

IMG-20200910-211234.jpg

Somebody once told me it's infuriating to watch my builds at this stage because I slow to a crawl. And that's true. After the paint and decals are on I start to get bored of the build, so I do one or two things per session to keep myself from rushing to the finish.

It's here where most of my screwups occur.

• Like 9

I'm not all that much into aircraft but I like this one, and what you've done with it, a lot! I think we all have stages in the build where we get bored with it, I usually struggle to staty with it during the middle part (starting a build is of course no trouble at all 🙂).... then when the finish is in sight I get a boost of energy! I guess I'm like a TDF stage 🤔

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, SoftScience said:

It's here where most of my screwups occur.

I'm with you on this. Boy do I know it! It's that guy named Murphy with his laws, never fails.  That is one fine looking weathering job as is. Looks like it just returned from a mission. 👍

• Thanks 1

I was very excited to clear off my desk and was about to start setting up my pretty pictures background when I realized I forgot one key final assembly! 😳

IMG-20200912-213013.jpg

Sigh....

Hopefully, tomorrow. Trouble is that my brain is already on my next build :)

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

I think it's done. I'm going to take better pics for the gallery, but here are a few for now.

IMG-20200913-161627.jpg

IMG-20200913-161730.jpg

IMG-20200913-161915.jpg

IMG-20200913-162038.jpg

IMG-20200913-162137.jpg

IMG-20200913-162148.jpg

IMG-20200913-162249.jpg

This was an enjoyable project. Much thanks to the GB hosts for creating a fun interactive atmosphere that is lacking from so many of these things. And thanks to everyone for the advise along the way. 

I'll drive up to the fields and try a few daylight shots. I just need to build a protable tarmack first. :)

• Like 13

I have to agree, what a fantastic result.

The weathering looks brilliant, she certainly looks like she has seen almost everything that South East Asia can throw at her but not looking dilapidated.

This has been a great build to follow and is at least partly responsible for my own Spad thread. I really like the combination of the SEA colours and the black undersides, makes for an interesting contrast. I look forward to seeing her in the gallery, not that there's anything wrong with the pictures above.

Very well done.

• Thanks 1

On 05/09/2020 at 02:26, SoftScience said:

Something weird happened. The lucky primer beaded up and lifted chunks of the oil filter with it. It left these weird shiney unweathered patches.

I'm really mad and confused. I'll fix it but I have to wait a few days and then remove this junk somehow, without damaging the paint.

Youknow, I had the exact same issue with my Saab Sk60 - MiG Lucky Varnish, it just beaded up and made a mess. But luckily (pun intended) it was easy to remove/clean up. Have not used it since.

• Like 1

Gosh you have done such a fine job in her!!!!! :thumbsup:

She looks plenty dirty and used, just like the photos of the real thing.

Am glad you could join us, you could always do a Navy version?

Gosh another nail in the "I must buy a Skyraider" coffin! :D

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1