Hi,here's my Bandai at-st i built about June last year.

Its a snap together build,but i did glue it!

I built the whole thing unpainted, except the cockpit interior,airbrushed matt black, then airbrushed matt white in places to give some shading.

Gave it a Tamiya  matt grey(sorry,can't remember what colour grey!) top coat.

Ak pigments,engine grime,light rust pigment,sponge chipping,and burnt umber oil paint for some rust stains.

The cockpit and pilots, i had a few not so sharp pictures from the web from the empire strikes back movie,to get an idea of the colour layout,but as the at-st is fictional,a bit of creative license was used in the colours!

I did add a set of harnesses made from kitchen foil and attached them to a wire frame i fitted.

I didn't glue the roof,as i didn't want to spend loads of time and effort, only to cover it up! Lol

The stand,i masked off where the feet sit,put pva glue on and spread some modelling grass/foliage i got off ebay,Serious Play the name on the packaging. It had just the right amount of grass,sticks and twigs to give it that 'forest floor' look! 

I managed to find a case for it,despite its shape/dimensions!

Ive got,waiting in the wings,2 more bandai kits,the 1/72 tie fighter and 1/12 stormtrooper, looking forward to those!

Thanks all for looking:-)spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 18

Thanks all,as you probably know,getting a right balance with weathering is a bit of an art form!,especially with a kit which you don't have many references to go to!

The removable roof to see the hard work!,i thought similar with my Mercedes Actros,opting for the cab tilt,to see the hard work on the engine.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...