1/72 Airfix Harrier GR7 - ++ FINISHED ++

Nice job on that John, it does look the part. I had that set some years ago but foolishly moved it on. Of course, I've since bought both kits it contained separately & at greater expense. :( I hope I can get as good a result as you have. :)

Steve.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Nice job on that John, it does look the part. I had that set some years ago but foolishly moved it on. Of course, I've since bought both kits it contained separately & at greater expense. :( I hope I can get as good a result as you have. :)

Steve.

Thanks a lot Steve, as I have said it is not one of Airfix's finest releases but with a bit of work looks OK. I wish that I'd had the time to resribe it, but left it alone on this build.  In my opinion. the FA.2 is the better option out this boxing and like you I bought it as a kit in it's own right. The newer release of the GR.7/GR.9 is a nice kit, and having now built a GR.7, I will build a GR.9 version from the kit that I have. 

I did buy some resin weapon sets for this build but decided to keep those for use on the GR.9 in end. That allowed me to use the AIM-9's from that kit on this build., all of the other dangly bits are from the Airfix Club boxing.

• Thanks 1