Pegasus Harrier T2

Now for my first effort at a work in progress! I think that I might manage this without stuffing it up. This is first product from Pegasus from way back in 1982. It is a conversion kit for the old Airfix Harrier, but without the aid of a net I am going to use the current Airfix kit it being superior and available.

Harrier T2 (4)

Harrier T2 (3)

Harrier T2

Harrier T2 (5)

Harrier

Harrier (2)

As you can see ( hopefully ) it is a very basic kit but I think it will come out ok with a bit of good old fashion modelling. More to come soon hopefully.

Keith

• Like 18

I have built several Pegasus kits over the years, including the EAP. It went together alright, but needed a lot of prep and is diemensonally suspect. I had the Harrier T.2 conversion, but it was lost in a move with a box of kits. 

• 1 month later...

Update on a slow build( multi building really ). I have furnished the seats with some foil belts attached with crystal clear. The tailfin is attached and all joints seem to be ok. I am still wondering over moulding a new canopy with my new vacuum machine, not sure yet. Anyway with a coat of sky for priming is the Harrier.

DSCN0980

DSCN0982

DSCN0983

DSCN0984

Trial wing fit and it looks like progress!

Keith

• Like 9

Coming along nicely! The Pegasus thingy  looks a step up from the old Heller Bobcat thingy that was about the only option until the Sword kits came along.

There's just something about a twoseater First Gen Harrier...

Cheers,

Andre

• Like 1

Well I just tried my very first vacform canopy and learnt a lot from it. First I can do it but must make sure the male mold is better prepared. I did end up with something that I could have used but my preparation of the new canopy was wanting. So although I won't give up I will have a go at polishing the kit canopy. If that fails then I will have another go armed with my experience.

Keith

Thanks Steve, I was moving it on the bench yesterday. I did mold a new canopy but was not prepared to give up on the kit one for it. I decided to wet sand it down ,it being quite thick . I gave it a few minutes with the toothpaste and it's looking very promising. I will update with pictures later. 

Keith.

PS. That picture of yours with your name reminds me SO much of a picture I have of my dad exhibiting his models back in the seventies.lf I run into it again I will post it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A  little more progress on the cockpit. Having failed to improve on the kit canopy by vacuum molding a new one I decided to wet sand the kit canopy which is rather thick so puts up with a lot of attention. With a polish up with toothpaste it scrubbed up quite well and a coat of clear inside and out gave me something usable.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/149579393@N02/50463348661/in/dateposted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/149579393@N02/50463297741/in/dateposted-public/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/149579393@N02/50463277396/in/dateposted-public/

Onward and upwards.

Keith

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...