American Airlines B777-300ER

Does anyone know for sure, or have proof of, the very first B777-300ER delivered to American Airlines dressed in the earlier all natural metal livery with the red, white, and blue stripes and "AA" tail? Seems it may have been delivered in the early livery, then quickly painted in the new mica finish before it actually went into service. GeminiJets manufactured N717AN in 1/400 scale in all natural metal, but I cannot for the life of me find a picture of the real airplane anywhere.......thanks for your responses!

Paul

As I recall, the 777-300ERs were all delivered in the Mica colors. I seem to remember the rollout of the Mica and the introduction of the 777-300ER came about at the same time. N717AN was the first of the 777-300ERs and its rollout paint, while nowhere near complete, hinted at the new airline colors. I don't believe it saw the light of day in natural metal, not even unpainted.

Not sure if what you are looking for, but here is a shot of N717AN during it's production test flight schedule, in January 2013. 

Looks like it went to the new scheme straight away. Great looking jet!

N717AN

I searched Airliners.net for the tail registration.

4 hours ago, SAT69 said:

As I recall, the 777-300ERs were all delivered in the Mica colors.

4 hours ago, Troffa said:

Looks like it went to the new scheme straight away. Great looking jet!

Thanks for the replies. I suppose one could wish...or build a "what if" model of the 777-300ER in the early natural metal finish. And I would agree...she IS a great looking jet! 

Paul