1/72 Hawker Hunter Thunderbolts

In the year 1982 to mark the golden jubilee of the Indian air force nine hawker hunter from the 20th Squadron was painted in special paint dark blue and white, which look like thunderbolts. The aerobatic team didn't last very long and retired in the 1990s and hunter retired from IAF a few years later.

For my project I use Revell Hawker hunter, good kit but I almost give up midway as the front canopy while masking fell down from my finger and took forever to find it, only to very closed to you and me looking at the wrong place, masking was a tedious work two days to do it, however, am quite happy with the final results, so here it is. Thank you for looking, cheers.

DSC-7536.jpg

DSC-7537.jpg

DSC-7538.jpg

DSC-7541.jpg

DSC-7542.jpg

DSC-7544.jpg

• Like 41

Very striking model. Glad you got the canopy back. Looking for clear parts that have fallen on the floor can be especially fraught.... Crunch!  

• Thanks 1

I've seen off color photos of those Hunters but your model makes it abundantly clear the real airplanes were beautifully painted and the colors are wonderful. I would have loved to see that team perform. Very nice job on the assembly and painting.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, IanC said:

Very striking model. Glad you got the canopy back. Looking for clear parts that have fallen on the floor can be especially fraught.... Crunch!  

Thanks, Ian. Yeah it was bit daunting and sweating task, glad I could get the part otherwise I would be full of sorrow.

20 hours ago, Troffa said:

They must have been an impressive sight, thanks for posting- what a great looking scheme! (And only 8 more to do 🙂 )

Indeed, They are from the pictures I have seen, 8 I will stop here don't have the sanity to do another masking

20 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Spectacular scheme Tom & spectacularly well done. 👍

I can well believe masking that was a huge task.

Steve.

Thank you, Steve appreciate the kind words

18 hours ago, almac said:

Nice work. Very impressive paint finish.

Cheers Allan

Thanks, Allan

17 hours ago, Wulfman said:

I usually don’t like fancy dan colour schemes, but you have done a great job on the Hunter !

Wulfman

Thanks, Mate.

15 hours ago, billn53 said:

Superb! Love the blue & white scheme.

Thank you

14 hours ago, SAT69 said:

I've seen off color photos of those Hunters but your model makes it abundantly clear the real airplanes were beautifully painted and the colors are wonderful. I would have loved to see that team perform. Very nice job on the assembly and painting.

Thank you, Mate. Hunter by itself is very beautiful and seeing them it formation would be a lovely sight for sure.

• Like 1