1/35 WW2 Motorcycles

Smithy1961

As an ex-biker and WW2 military nut, I want to obtain some kits to reflect this era. Zvezda, Tamiya, Italeri, IBG and Master Box Ltd. Which are the best kits OOB? I know Eduard do an add-on for the Tamiya kit, but does anyone else do anything else?

Italeri seem to be re-releasing the old Dragon/Esci 1/9 kits of the WLA Harley, Zundapp KS750 & s/c, Triumph 3HW, possibly more in the pipeline that I've yet to see. The solo Zundapp and BMW, plus the BMW & s/c are yet to emerge, afaik.

I realise I've only half answered your question, in that you're looking for kits in 1/35, but they're too small for my fumbling fingers and failing eyesight.

Racing bikes are not my scene, I know  my limitations when it comes to the depth of finish required.

Good luck with your search.

Rog

There's a nice Indian from Thunder Models. I've not built it, but in general their kits are very good OOB (reviewed on Britmodeller here)

1024002-13385-45-720.jpg

Das Werk have re-boxed the Dragon Kettenkrad, if you want to class it as a bike

1265392-14702-84-720.jpg

There's also a Triumph announced by H3 Models. I don't know anything about the company, or what the nature of the kit is (resin? injection?), but it might be interesting

1294379-38473-21-pristine.jpg

Andy:cat:

I've built Bronco's Triumph 3HW and Miniart's Harley Davidson. They are both beautiful 1/35 kits, very tiny parts and a bit fragile. Both use photoetch for spokes.