Lublin R.XIII Hydro Terror 1/48

Artoor_K

Ufff...Model is finished but next week I'm starting with a base when I buy things needed for it.

1/48 Lublin R. XIIIB Hydro-Terror was composed of two models - ICM Spitfire Mk VIII and Lublin R.XIII Hydro/Ter from Mirage. Seat belts is Tamiya masking tape. The instruments on the board are decals left after Ventura by Revell. Float's rack was made of clip wires and brass tubes from Trumpeter. Model is painted with some strange mix of Deck Tan and RLM 78 colors - both from Mr. Hobby. Bottom is just Flat Aluminium. Trolleys are from scratch. The pilot is ToRo Model product, I don't recommend it.

qiVLoIt.jpg
qAXieik.jpg
TV0UC6O.jpg
gCPqQ7S.jpg
UCmBkf7.jpg
6hfHzjx.jpg
wEFt8o1.jpg
Why this number? There is silly joke in Poland...What means 777 ? New, better Beast :)

• Like 15

• 4 weeks later...

This has a great look to it and doesnt even look that fanciful -  i think you could  have created a working coastal spotter plane from something like this! Particularly like the V tail and gunners arrangement.

The floats and the dolly are a nice addition. It looks like you designed the floats as jettisonable in case of the need for a ground belly landing 

Thanks for the inspiration to get my old MC-72 racer off the shelf of doom and a few more steps along the build instructions!