VietJet Airbus A320

zebra

From the looks of things, so far at least, nobody's doing anything modern or civvie so I'll be bucking the trend! I'm going to build an A320 in VietJet colours, with a big 'Vietnam' logo on the forward fuselage (seems appropriate!), using the Zvezda kit and Lima November decals. I'll just leave this here for now - need to make more progress on my three builds in the helicopters GB before I can contemplate cluttering up the bench with a fourth build, and haven't dug the kit out of the stash yet, but here's a photo I took in Hanoi 5 years ago to show you what I have in mind:

Vietjet A320 VN-A699

Back to masking that Swedish camouflage...

Julian

• Like 9

welcome along Julian...and our first civilian build!!! :thumbsup:

Gee it's a nice and colourful scheme, should look great when done. 

Arr is this the airline the has its cabin crew in those "interesting" outfits???

Good luck with the build, am glad you bought along a colourful civilian build.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, trickyrich said:

Arr is this the airline the has its cabin crew in those "interesting" outfits???

I think it might be. Didn't get to find out as I was on Singapore Airlines!

56 minutes ago, zebra said:

I think it might be. Didn't get to find out as I was on Singapore Airlines!

The Singapore Airlines crew are lovely, in a past life I got to spend many hours with them doing "fly-alongs" with them in the late 90's.

It's right there in the rules, about half way down: "Civilian equipment is fine as well, but it must be Vietnamese based"

So come on, someone join me and do something civvie! Vietnam Airlines has a nice scheme, then there are the older ones - I've been wanting to do their Il-14 ever since I saw it in Hanoi (the photos are linked from the reference thread) but the one I have in the stash is the wrong version.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, zebra said:

It's right there in the rules, about half way down: "Civilian equipment is fine as well, but it must be Vietnamese based"

So come on, someone join me and do something civvie! Vietnam Airlines has a nice scheme, then there are the older ones - I've been wanting to do their Il-14 ever since I saw it in Hanoi (the photos are linked from the reference thread) but the one I have in the stash is the wrong version.

I hadn't read the rules thread, I briefly looked at the initial chat thread some time ago but did not think I had anything Vietnam related to contribute at the time.

Civil wise, I still don't 😞

• 3 weeks later...

Time to get cracking. First up, here's what you get in the box:

Zvezda A320

There's only one decal option (Aeroflot) but it can be built with the door open or closed, flaps and slats deployed or retracted, and there are two engine options. It's a shame it doesn't include sharklets, but I don't need them for this build anyway. Looks like a very nice kit. 

About an hour's work got me this far:

Zvezda A320 WIP

I'll be painting pretty soon!

I also had a good look at the Lima November decal sheet - one of the options is this one, which I think @modelling minion needs to build:

VN-A650_(32702227604).jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

On 9/13/2020 at 2:03 AM, modelling minion said:

I hope that is the one you will be building Julian

'fraud not, I'm using the Zvezda kit which doesn't have the sharklets.

This kit goes together beautifully. Ready for a coat of primer:

A320 WIP

• Like 5

it is a really nice looking model from the pics.

tis a shame you could do that scheme, would have look great.....but the proposed scheme is still really colourful. :thumbsup:

...... you just have to watch out for those Minion's, else they try to take over the world....when they should be building models........and looking after the drink tray.....still waiting for my Long Island Iced Tea!! :D

• Haha 3

55 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

You'll be waiting for a long time. 😁

that's it, I've had too many complaints about you tardiness in delivering drinks!!!! :nono:

You're fired.......and don't forget to hand in your pumps!  :D

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Not again!

The pumps are mine!! Do you want to use them after my feet have been in them? 🧀

I knew this would happen!!! It'll come out of you meager pay!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, modelling minion said:

You can't get less than nothing!

In the last couple of years there have been countless reports of underpayment of wages in Australia (or, colloquially, 'wage theft'), particularly in the retail and hospitality industries, with many well known and not-so-well known businesses implicated. I never expected its shameful tentacles to reach the peaceful confines of Britmodeller, surely this is supposed to be a peaceful haven, a sanctuary isolating us from the ills of the real world? @trickyrich? More like dodgyrich!

• Haha 3

• 4 weeks later...

Crikey, it's been nearly a month since I posted an update. And that was some nonsense about Trickyrich underpaying Modelling Minion. I was concentrating on my helicopter build for most of that time, but did some painting on the A320 here and there, and now it's ready for decals:

A320 WIP

I've tried to get the demarcation between the red and white right by copying the decal that goes against it onto a masking sheet and cutting it out. Really, really hope it works!

• Like 7