Good afternoon All, as a break from other rmodels I have completed another Phoenix kit for my (much) better half's 1/12 dolls' house.  This is their white metal Victorian Pram kit, all white metal with the exception of the brass rod axles, provided in the kit.  Assembled using a mix of two-part epoxy and super-glue gel and painted almost entirely with enamels. 

The body and wheels are a mix of Revell 54 gloss Night Blue and Humbrol 21 gloss Black in the ratio of approximately 2-1, with the tyres in Humbrol 64 matt Light Grey.  The interior cream is Humbrol 103 matt Cream and the outer cover of the hood is Humbrol 104 matt Oxford Blue with a little shading for shadow and highlight, but only a little.  The handle is the usual painted wood trick of a pale buff base, burnt umber oil streaks and then a thin coat of Tamiya clear yellow over the top once the oil is dry.  Voila, a wood handle.  The gold pinstripe is hand painted (hence its 'squigglyness') with Mr Metal Color Brass.  The chrome is all done with Moltow chrome pens - a big thank you to cmatthewbacon for his tip about these a couple of years ago.  Here it is:

50255510102_61f8631254_c.jpg

50255327471_63a8ec8625_c.jpg

50255327466_dbf7dd01ec_c.jpg

• Like 18

I do not know what these Victorians were thinking! Fancy having face-to-face contact with the baby and parent/nanny! What would the world come to?

Seriously though, what a great build, it mus have been a great tonic to do something so different!

Cheers,

ray

• Like 1

A wonderful out of the ordinary build. 👍

My dad is in a tram restoration and preservation society and he restored a wicker pram (Early 20th C) specifically so it could be hung on the pram hooks on the front of the trams. ‘A tram’s not a tram without a pram!’ They say - whoever ‘they’ are... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Max Headroom said:

That’s certainly unique! Did it come with a suggested scheme, or did you go freestyle?

Go on, I dare you to enter it into the IPMS Nationals.

Trevor

There wasn't a suggested scheme (I don't think so anyway) and there seems to be a dearth of colour photos of Victoiran prams, but their more modern versions seem to be dark blue or black; so I went dark blue.  The pinstripes may have been white, but I liked the gold.  So a bit of both really - informed freestyle!  As for the Nationals I am not sure if there is a suitable category, but like the rest of my models it is definitely 'my' standard and not competition worthy.  I enjoyed building it and I am pleased with the finished article - for me that's the best result.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1