B-25 Mitchell 1/48

Latest off the bench is the Italeri /Accurate Miniature's B-25 Mitchell in the markings of 320 Squadron. Decals by Dutch Decals

The kit is showing it's age a little and is bit of a beast size wise. Now real problems .... quite a bit of filler ...fits where it touches in some places.

I did put the specified amount of nose weight in.... but still it drags it's bum. Hey ho.

Please feel free to comment etc.

Thanks for looking

Dick

DPP_01

DPP_02

DPP_03

Edited by jenko
  • Like 32
  • Thanks 1

Very nice job Dick on this very challenging kit. I’m impressed with the fit you achieved between canopy/ nose glass and fuselage. I built the AM B-25 A/B kit a few years back and struggled with the glass (along with countless other areas). The fit issues are unfortunate in light of the excellent detail incorporated into these molds. Nice job!

Double-edged sword; not enough nose weight and it tail sits; enough weight packed into every available space and the landing gear collapses or the upper fuselage seam keeps opening up! On models that are on  a base of some sort, I have seen some modelers who drill a hole, insert a pin in the bottom of the nose wheel, and then a hole in the base for the pin- keeps the model on its nose without all that weight. BTW, what the other have said goes double for me. Not my scale, so wasn't aware of the AM kit's fit issues, but you seem to have managed them very well! Nice Mitchell!

Mike

16 hours ago, Vinnie said:

Lovely job, Dick. Shame about the tail sitting. I saw another BM post a photograph of a home made clear plastic stand to support the rear end of their tail sitter. It looked good. Just a thought.

Many thanks for the kind comments and likes.

Hi Vinnie, I have got a clear stand but I could not get it under the tail when taking photo's. Thanks for the suggestion.

Dick