Hasegawa (and Minicraft) B-24H - Hansen & Hanson's 42-7650 lost November 13th, 1943

I finished my kitbash of Hasegawa's B-24D and Minicraft's B-24M to build B-24H 42-7650 which made a crash landing in the occupied Netherlands on November 13th, 1943.

Build thread here:

Apart from a few accuracy issues the Hasegawa kit is great. Minicraft is a bit more crude, but not so much worse to justify the price difference in my opinion so if you want to build a B-24D or J the older and cheaper Minicraft kit is a very good option. The Minicraft nose does fit the Hasegawa fuselage - but modifications are necessary. The Minicraft nose is slimmer than the Hasegawa fuselage at the bottom, so after attaching it I needed to sand down the Hasegawa fuselage sides a bit to make the nose flush.

What I'm most happy about is that I now have a fairly rare and fairly accurate B-24H.

Aftermarket used: Eduard PE sets, Eduard resin wheels, turbo super chargers, and bomb bay doors, brass barrels. Painted with Mig Ammo acrylics. Kept the weathering to a minimum because the aircraft was new when it was lost.

Figures are old Airfix USAAF crew and the ambulance is from Academy.

hsOb8R3.jpg

6lPRrJK.jpg

6sdFZr6.jpg

Wt0su71.jpg

UVov2XM.jpg

pibKJBC.jpg

ZhxsPsv.jpg

s9pXhd8.jpg

7txelwv.jpg

xxxKF1B.jpg

PbnxwCR.jpg

m4J7OU3.jpg

Comments and feedback is welcome as always. Thanks for looking!

• Like 55

Beautiful! I like that a lot! Very nicely photographed too. What did you use for the base? I have that Academy Dodge ambulance in my stash so its interesting to see one of those built up too.

14 minutes ago, danbuoy said:

Beautiful! I like that a lot! Very nicely photographed too. What did you use for the base? I have that Academy Dodge ambulance in my stash so its interesting to see one of those built up too.

the base is from Noy's Miniatures. The Dodge is a great little build - goes together really easily except the windscreen - take care with that.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, elger said:

the base is from Noy's Miniatures. The Dodge is a great little build - goes together really easily except the windscreen - take care with that.

Ah, I wondered if it might be a Noys base. They look really good. Good to hear the Dodge ambulance is a nice kit, though thanks for the advice regarding the windscreen!

I don't know enough about the B-24 to comment on accuracy issues but I do know you've produced a great result from your build. Really like the finished model and the diorama is superb!

• Like 1

Outstanding! A great model and diorama. It breathes accuracy from under every rivet. The WC-54 and the figures are excellent, too. Very, very nice!

• Like 1

Bravo! Bravissimo! 

If Airfix would bless us with a decent B-24, life would be a bit easier. Anyways, I'm glad to have helped a bit. 

Cheers! 

Josip

Edited by Josip
  • Like 2

Really nice!  I especially love the subtle weathering effects on the props and bombs.  The meat wagon is a nice touch, too.  The military police would likely be positioned at the entry control point--or at one of the pubs downtown, expecting trouble between locals and off-duty aircrew!

• Like 1

A very realistic looking build!  The antenna wires are well done too.  And the diorama really sells it.  Great job!

I'm afraid my knowledge of B-24 variants isn't up to snuff -- I'm going to have to research what makes an "H".

• Like 1