Paint it Black.. 1/35 King Cobra Gun Truck

diases

For once I wholeheartedly agree with our illustrious leader, awesome is the only word I can think of to describe your work.

The interior of the M-113 is fantastic, it has that "used" look about it and the ration boxes are a nice touch.

But the steps are the icing on the cake Paul, they really are excellent, a superb example of scratch building. 

I am really looking forward to your next installment.

Cheers guys.

I was going to take out the drivers hand controls and fit it out as a toilet, but thought it was tò much.😄

Going to try and add some posters/maps to the walls, if I can source something appropriate.

Will crack on with it though, and try to get it presentable.

But I need to remember the panther GB starting soon.

Cheers

Paul

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, diases said:

I was going to take out the drivers hand controls and fit it out as a toilet, but thought it was tò much.😄

Oh I don't think that would be too much at all. 😄

57 minutes ago, diases said:

if I can source something appropriate.

Perhaps a 1/35 copy of a vintage Playboy? Not that I know what that publication has in it of course.😇

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, trickyrich said:

surely you had a stash under the bed when you were younger! :D

I remember coming back from a holiday in Spain with my mates to find a very neatly stacked small pile of "literature" on my bedside table that had been found when my room was cleaned whilst I wasn't there. Not a word was said about it which was worse than being told off straight away, I was waiting for the rollocking for weeks!!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, modelling minion said:

I remember coming back from a holiday in Spain with my mates to find a very neatly stacked small pile of "literature" on my bedside table that had been found when my room was cleaned whilst I wasn't there. Not a word was said about it which was worse than being told off straight away, I was waiting for the rollocking for weeks!!

The current generation of youngsters has it too easy, especially when dad doesn't know the full capabilities of modern internet routers 😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Well, this Build has taken a weird turn.....

Anyway, back to the model.

Today has been tinkering mostly, lots of little bits progressed.

wanYZ7U.jpg

Steps painted on the Standard semi gloss black, and then thought that everyone in the military steals everybody else's things.

So hand painted the snake emblem for ownership purposes.

QhdfKeR.jpg

Started on a couple of figures

IAqFcJW.jpg

50 cals for the armament, only had 2 AM barrels so Top one is Kit standard issue

aXRGh9e.jpg

The, ermmm.. gentlemen's section

Ky4PUdB.jpg

Couple of scaled down maps from google

oV4hl0i.jpg

Ohh whats behind the curtain

Ho7Ph5e.jpg

Toilet, of course, well a bucket and homemade bog rolls. But I think it adds a certain something, for a area that's unused as a guntruck addition.

Modesty got the better of me though, and I put a lid on the bucket contents. Don't want to see that first thing in the morning, and keeps the flys at bay

Cheers for looking

Paul

• Like 5

1 hour ago, diases said:

Well, this Build has taken a weird turn.....

Oh no, you will find that this is quite normal (even tame) for those of us who frequent the GB section of the forum.

1 hour ago, diases said:

aXRGh9e.jpg

The, ermmm.. gentlemen's section

And it looks like you have fitted in quite nicely! Excellent work, and the maps are pretty good too.

And the toilet seals the deal, you are a fully fledged member of the GB lunacy club, congratulations!

• Haha 3

On 10/1/2020 at 7:41 PM, JeroenS said:

The current generation of youngsters has it too easy, especially when dad doesn't know the full capabilities of modern internet routers 😉 

or when SHMBO deletes certain "folders" and empty's the rubbish bin.....but doesn't know about HDD recovery software! :D  ............not that I now anything about any of that stuff! 😊

....ok back to the subject at hand.... 🤭

She looks amazing!!!!!!!  :thumbsup:

The attention to detail is fantastic, it's almost like looking into the real thing!!! Well done.

I so have to build one of these now.....especially with the stash in the corner! :D

• Like 1

Lo guys. Thanks for the generous praise.

Well, this weekend was mostly about Closing up the Hull.

U1XDIXq.jpg

So finished the Interior detail according to the Instructions, easy, apart from the fact that the closing hooks that secure the big rear door then makes fitting the roof a nightmare, after trying to Bend the roof into place, I gave up and left them off (well, snapped them off)

They are hidden from view even with all the other hatches open, so no big deal.

x7QKwRc.jpg

Lots of small details fitted to roof external surface.

The resin gun mounts are extremely delicate. For some reason there are only 2 provided, for 3 positions, and the standard plastic kit version. I think I messed up and have installed one on the forward gun rather than the rear right. But they are Identical so will not really be noticeable when completed.

Drivers hatch and troop roof hatch are not fixed yet, same with the marines, as I need to finish the front gun to get final clearances.

Side skirts have the rear curved section hacked off, as per Instructions, as There are no wheels/tracks to cover.

isN4gY1.jpg

WE26T2B.jpg

Bits and pieces added to front and rear

Still not certain about the truck cab roof, colour wise.

But the pictures basically show the final scene.

Also started work on a base, Its a bit big at the moment.

But I will be getting the Quad gun truck being built elsewhere (when I can find one), and making a fantasy one from a truck model and scratching up the rear, with hopefully a couple of mini guns instead of the 50's

Still lots to do though, wish me luck as the front turret armour looks a pig.

Cheers for looking

Paul

• Like 2