Spitfire Mk.IXc - Tamiya 1/32

Hi fellows,

Let me show my Spitfire Mk. IXc. I've included some pics during built.

I found some issues, but were due to my inexperience!!

The kit is the well known Tamiya 1/32, no aftermarket, and all the paints were also Tamiya (only some oils were used for weathering).

I hope you enjoy it, and wait for your comments.

Thanks!

Edited by Josep
Problems with Photobucket...

Sorry people,

For some reason, I can't share the pics with you. Photobucket seems not to work...(or maybe I don't know exactly how it works)

Let me some time, to try to find a solution!

Thank you

That's a really ambitious model, with a lot of loving detail work, including the convincing figure of Johnnie J. himself!

A couple of nitpicks have more to do with lack of research than any modelling shortcomings: the small levers protrouding with their covers from the wings are the flap actuators and would be invisible except when the flaps are down (which normally only happens during the landing phase). Since the flaps are up on your model, the actuators would be hidden below the small covers.

And :deadhorse: 😉 – the crowbar is only red on modern day, restored warbirds. In the 1940s, it would be natural steel or possibly bronze green.

Nothing to detract from excellent modelling!

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Spitfire31 said:

That's a really ambitious model, with a lot of loving detail work, including the convincing figure of Johnnie J. himself!

A couple of nitpicks have more to do with lack of research than any modelling shortcomings: the small levers protrouding with their covers from the wings are the flap actuators and would be invisible except when the flaps are down (which normally only happens during the landing phase). Since the flaps are up on your model, the actuators would be hidden below the small covers.

And :deadhorse: 😉 – the crowbar is only red on modern day, restored warbirds. In the 1940s, it would be natural steel or possibly bronze green.

Nothing to detract from excellent modelling!

Thanks for your review! 

And totally agree: I put the flap actuators visible, only for being my model a little bit more different. Now, i realize that was a mistake! And I put the crowbar in red, according to restored models pics.

You know a lot!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, opus999 said:

Very nice work!  The weathering is very believable and the engine is incredibly realistic!  I have no idea how you are able to achieve the look of some of the metal in the engine. 

Hi Opus999,

Thank you very much!  I put a lot of effort making the Merlin engine, but the final result was a little bit of luck...😉

• Like 1