1/32 Airfix Waterloo figures att: Troy

Thanks for thinking of me.   Must be about the same age then, I was 10 in 1976.

I have boxes of these I did 'back then'  ie 1974/75

Some I know got repainted, as my early efforts were not that great.  

I really like the WW2 figuers, so they have survived boxed up, but others I was less fussed about and they got played with harder,  which were the Napoleonics, 7th Cavalry and the footballers......   from the survivors I had all 4 sets.

I did find that a while back (which I'd forgotten about...) I had found the remaining ones, and pulled out the less battered (I had a wooden fort and i used a jar of random screws as ammo) gave a wash and a coat of Halfords grey  primer,  which I recently unearthed...so will have a go at some when I can be bothered (I've got very not bothered recently...) 

I'll stick a @Jim Wasley and @Ted  in as they have done some Airfix figures, Jim did some of the polythene Napoleonics, which reminded me the French Grenadiers were a really good set for poses,  seems that at one point Airfix went for more poses per set,  the US Paratroops were another.

My old man would have never done anything like this,  he didn't approve of war like toys or plastic models,  perils of being a lecturer at a right on university and the "intellectual discussions" going on.  Stupid in the way only intellectual academics can be...

But i didn't live with him by then , and mum was was probably happy enough with me being quietly engrossed painting or building, nice quiet stay at home hobby...  which is why I returned to it.

I was really chuffed when i found out some of the classic were done in K-resin (styrene) and hence bought some

a couple more of the classics

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235054365-airfix-132nd-us-paratroopers

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235058385-airfix-132nd-commandosnot-the-best-pics/

cheers

T

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I remember these at the time ,never got them painted as being a teenager i discovered the delights of women .So many years later after many relationships and the stress i wished i had stuck to the model painting and building .They look great .