The Century Fighters GB Chat

Dansk

1 hour ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Sounds great, which scheme had the splinter style, was it the 1968 or 1983 ? Id like to do one like that and the Aluminum scheme also. 

The grey/ green splinter was the "Norm 62" scheme, introduced from 1964.  From 67/68 the German Marine aircraft changed from the Norm 62 scheme to Basalt grey on upper surfaces and dull silver lower surfaces.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, RidgeRunner said:

It looks like the other will end up being a CNAF G-model.

I know it's not in your scale but I bought the Kinetic CF-104G because it contains the old Canadian Dominion flag (Maple leaf and Union Flag) on the tail as an option.  Memories of the original Airfix Starfighter box art.

12 minutes ago, Retired Bob said:

I know it's not in your scale but I bought the Kinetic CF-104G because it contains the old Canadian Dominion flag (Maple leaf and Union Flag) on the tail as an option.  Memories of the original Airfix Starfighter box art.

Not many Starfighter colour schemes appeal to me, but the classic Canadian bare metal with white wings hits the spot perfectly, as does conversely the Danish / Norwegian / Canadian overall green. 

I may have to invest in a Kinetic Zipper now.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, AntPhillips said:

I may have to invest in a Kinetic Zipper now.

It's a nice kit, fits and goes together well.  There are just too many nice schemes to stop at one.  :whistle:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Retired Bob said:

Very nice. It was my first ever kit :)

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I was just wondering. Would the Canadian aircraft with 'century' designator count such as CF-116,188,100,105 133 ,144, 137 and so on???

I'm not planning to enter any more ,as I just got thinking.......

1 hour ago, Paul J said:

I was just wondering. Would the Canadian aircraft with 'century' designator count such as CF-116,188,100,105 133 ,144, 137 and so on???

Err, no. States quite clearly in the rules that this is for the Century Series of us built jet fighters only.

🇺🇦

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Jb65rams said:

An enjoyable GB. Some great models from a interesting period.

My two entries are now in the gallery.

F-101B / F-104A

Thanks.

well done JB. a lovely matching set. Thanks for your participation and glad you enjoyed the GB JB :)

• Like 1

On 7/23/2022 at 6:58 PM, Paul J said:

the rover 100, mazda 121, BAe 1eleven and honda cb100 are also not allowed despite having a century number in their designation 😉

• 2 weeks later...

re the under nose sensor on Udorn based F-104Cs in 1966-67 as seen in these photos. I'm modelling 57925 from the Italeri kit & although the sensor/aerial is very obvious, the is no provision in the kit so I'll need to scratch one, so I'm wondering just what they looked like other than dark & blobby. :( Any info, drawings etc appreciated.

Steve.

• Like 1

S

4 hours ago, stevehnz said:

re the under nose sensor on Udorn based F-104Cs in 1966-67 as seen in these photos. I'm modelling 57925 from the Italeri kit & although the sensor/aerial is very obvious, the is no provision in the kit so I'll need to scratch one, so I'm wondering just what they looked like other than dark & blobby. :( Any info, drawings etc appreciated.

Steve.

Steve I don't know if this will help I did find his in one of my Squadron books. This is for a CF-104 though. they call it an ECM pod

52270223445_3b7c7dbbda_c.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, LorenSharp said:

S

Steve I don't know if this will help I did find his in one of my Squadron books. This is for a CF-104 though. they call it an ECM pod

Hi Loren, thanks for that, it looks as though it is in the right place, not quite so deep as the Udorn based F-104Cs maybe. Perhaps I need to put this out to a wider knowledge base in the Cold War aircraft discussion. 

Belay that. Thanks to @LorenSharp's post above & a search for "F-104c ECM blister" I found this page, which gives me all I'll need I reckon. Not one but three small shapes to be scratched. :( There goes my OOB build. Dare I go for some shapes on the dash board too. :( :D 

Steve.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Hi Loren, thanks for that, it looks as though it is in the right place, not quite so deep as the Udorn based F-104Cs maybe. Perhaps I need to put this out to a wider knowledge base in the Cold War aircraft discussion. 

Belay that. Thanks to @LorenSharp's post above & a search for "F-104c ECM blister" I found this page, which gives me all I'll need I reckon. Not one but three small shapes to be scratched. :( There goes my OOB build. Dare I go for some shapes on the dash board too. :( :D 

Steve.

In for a penny, in for a pound Steve. I say go for it!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/07/2022 at 21:18, modelling minion said:

Err, no. States quite clearly in the rules that this is for the Century Series of us built jet fighters only.

Well, actually... 🤓 US built jet fighters only would rule out a lot of F-104's! Canadair CF-104's, Fiat F-104S's, Mitsubishi F-104J's, Messerschmitt F-104G's and so on...

Now where did I leave my coat?

Oh there it is! :D 

:coat:

• Haha 3

• 4 weeks later...

Well, my five are in the gallery.  Yay me!  :D

Many :thanks:  to @Dansk and @modelling minion for hosting this great groupbuild and providing an excellent level of support and encouragement.  With a groupbuild of this size and popularity, that's a big job!

In addition, this weekend I have also completed one for the Canadian GB, one for the Monogram GB and three (well, one project) for the Platinum Jubilee GB.  I'm exhausted!   Think I'll go and lie down in a darkened room and take a couple of weeks off modelling.  :phew: 

Nah...  I'm sorry.  That was a bare faced lie! :wicked:   I'm starting a couple more for the Monogram GB tomorrow.  I have another F-86, two F-5s, two F-15s and a P-38 in progress.   And then next weekend I will be starting seven for the Prototypes megaGB.

I love my hobby.  :wub: 

• Like 8

57 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

I love my hobby.  :wub: 

And it really shows.

You are most welcome as far as the support goes, you give us all no end of support by moderating all of the GB area and making the job of hosting and co-hosting much easier than it could be and the behaviour of our members also helps a great deal.

I am really glad that you enjoyed the GB and would like to thank you once again for your outstanding contribution.

🇺🇦

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes, thanks for your commitment to the gb enzo, what a haul you produced, we're glad you enjoyed it.

My life's been too loaded to fully support the gb in it's latter half much to my dismay so I wanna thank Craig for being the hostess with the mostess too and doing a top job 😘

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 9/18/2022 at 3:50 AM, Enzo Matrix said:

I love my hobby

Like a production line. Amazing output and quality and deservedly so for a great GB subject. I'll continue to work on my one and only. 

Ray

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1