The Century Fighters GB Chat

Dansk

hi all ,

pencil me in......... I have (2) 1/144 PLATZ F-106's that I put together while in Reahab nearly (2) years ago, and did'nt proceed

any further since then,...... dunno why....... they are excellent 1/144 Model kits .

The Staff were interested but if I pulled out the Paint  and Thinners    oooohhhh !

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Tim R-T-C said:

Me please!

I'm a lifelong(ish) Starfighter enthusiast and since watching the Amazon Prime documentaries on the Thud and Hud, I would certainly be interested in making some of these.

Not got any on the shelves yet - got 4 of the Mark 1 (Revell re-issue) Starfighters in the stash.

Two will be hopefully getting built in the 'Nam GB, one for a Pakistani diorama and one for a RIAT 1991 diorama. So might not have any left when this GB comes around - I'm sure I'll find a solution to that though....

Platz have a nice Thud two-plane boxing available in Japan so hopefully it might see an Eduard repress some time, or I might need to figure out how HLJ works.

4 hours ago, Silver Fox said:

Count me in not sure what I'll do but it will be either !/48th or 1/144th!!

you're in guys 👍

• Like 1

4 hours ago, G.E.SAUNDERS said:

hi all ,

pencil me in......... I have (2) 1/144 PLATZ F-106's that I put together while in Reahab nearly (2) years ago, and did'nt proceed

any further since then,...... dunno why....... they are excellent 1/144 Model kits .

The Staff were interested but if I pulled out the Paint  and Thinners    oooohhhh !

😃 you're on the list mr saunders

3 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Well it would be rude not to wouldn't it.

Stick my name down Paul as I have "one or two" in the stash that qualify, a 1/48 F-100F if favourite at the minute but we all know that that might change.

Need a hand if it gets up and running mate?

great craig you're on the list

you might regret offering but I'll take you up on that 😉

• Like 1

Neither am I Paul - had just been curious to see what they looked like as a built collection. I tend to assume that me picking a model off the shelf and taking it home halves the value and then me building it reduces it to pretty much zero.

An unbuilt set seems to have gone for a quite staggering amount https://www.ebay.com/itm/Revell-Century-Series-Gift-Set-From-1958-/114251733233 - not far off of $900 for 5 kits!? 

Edited by LostCosmonauts

22 minutes ago, LostCosmonauts said:

An unbuilt set seems to have gone for a quite staggering amount https://www.ebay.com/itm/Revell-Century-Series-Gift-Set-From-1958-/114251733233 - not far off of $900 for 5 kits!? 

Edited 14 minutes ago by LostCosmonauts

OMG then whatever I end up building will look like an absolute bargain

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jabba said:

Count me in as i have a F-106 up stairs somewhere. Also have a F-117, but I think that would be out for this GB.

My gut feeling would be cutting off maybe w/ the F-110 (really early F-4C before before the common F-4 designation alignment between the USAF & USN).

I've two Meng F-102s, a Hasegawa F-106, probably 2 Revell F-101s and a Hasegawa F-111C knocking about the place somewhere.  I'd like to give it a lash.  OK, maybe not the F-111 in light of the post above - it was really a strike aircraft though I think it might have been envisaged as a fighter for the Navy.

Edited by JosephLalor

11 minutes ago, JosephLalor said:

I've two Meng F-102s, a Hasegawa F-106, probably 2 Revell F-101s and a Hasegawa F-111C knocking about the place somewhere.  I'd like to give it a lash.  OK, maybe not the F-111 in light of the post above - it was really a strike aircraft though I think it might have been envisaged as a fighter for the Navy.

I would even think the F-110 is stretching a bit.  The popular grouping for the term is the F-100 through F-106.  The F-107 & F-108 had they gone into production would've fit into that same generation/design of aircraft.  The F-110 (F-4) really was moving on to the next evolution of aircraft.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Century_Series

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Jabba said:

Count me in as i have a F-106 up stairs somewhere. Also have a F-117, but I think that would be out for this GB.

The f-106 is good Jabba 👍 f-117 is not allowed.

48 minutes ago, Cookenbacher said:

Count me in Paul, I didn't realize I had so many qualifying kits in my stash until this GB proposal caused me to think about it (F-100, F-102, F-104 and F-106).

Great cookie, you should build them all 😊

44 minutes ago, JosephLalor said:

Chris’s @helios16v century fighters designation is correct joseph so there’s no f-111’s.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Paul J said:

I could be interested, I have a Revell 1/72 F-101to do as an RCAF version and use up my Belcher decals

I’ll take that as a definate yes Paul ;) its gonna be great to see some voodoos being made 😎

• Like 2

On 21/08/2020 at 20:22, Dansk said:

The f-106 is good Jabba 👍 f-117 is not allowed.

The F-117 was mentioned with tongue definitely place well into my cheek. Most of my modelling is from the Gulf War and I almost always try to get one built during a GB. I do know that he Italians had some F-104s in Turkey, but I already have one of these in my collection.