The Century Fighters GB Chat

Dansk

1 hour ago, Ray_W said:

I also decided to add the F-105 Aires cockpit. Looking forward to painting this. Hopefully the fit is good.

i wouldn't gamble the farm on it from my personal past experiences with aires cockpits but i hope so.

It does look good though!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ray_W said:

I also decided to add the F-105 Aires cockpit

That looks very nicely detailed Ray, should paint up very nicely.

2 hours ago, Ray_W said:

Hopefully the fit is good.

Fingers crossed mate, hopefully Aries subcontracted this one out to someone that is actually capable of measuring things.

🇺🇦

• 2 weeks later...

I am wondering if I can sign up to this GB with another F104, it would be the 1/72nd Hasegawa CF104 with Belcher bits decals.  Probably one of the all Green ones from the 70's.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mr T said:

I am wondering if I can sign up to this GB with another F104, it would be the 1/72nd Hasegawa CF104 with Belcher bits decals.  Probably one of the all Green ones from the 70's.

Of course you can.

Starfighters are always welcome and an all green CF-104 would certainly look good. 

🇺🇦

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

just how much natural metal will we get to see?!?!? 

Well my F100 is going to be in SEA colours I think. Now that you mention it the mig 21GB is a bit like that.

Actually found a nice Turkish scheme with a shark mouth might go for that.

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Marklo said:

Now that you mention it the mig 21GB is a bit like that.

That's true.  Both my Migs were in natural metal.

In this GB, I will be building an F-101 and F-105 in NMF.

• Like 1

I'm going for SEA with my F-105G. I would like to do another natural metal, having just finished my MiG-21 that way, but with a lot of rescribing and the old Monogram kit I think better to opt for a good solid colour coat. 

Ray

• Like 4

I predict lots of SEA.  :D

If I can make this one, the RF-101B is a front runner...in SEA of course.  But I've also several F-104 options to consider, including a couple lovely J airframes.  :coolio:

• Like 3

On 5/11/2022 at 8:33 PM, Enzo Matrix said:

That's true.  Both my Migs were in natural metal.

In this GB, I will be building an F-101 and F-105 in NMF.

Two great choices Enzo, and early F-101's and 105's if they're in NMF.

On 5/11/2022 at 8:39 PM, Marklo said:

62771647-4-CDF-41-E3-8-CB1-A2-F33-F853-A I think I may just go for this one.

This is a great scheme, who doesn't like a huge shark mouth!

On 5/11/2022 at 8:44 PM, Ray_W said:

I'm going for SEA with my F-105G. I would like to do another natural metal, having just finished my MiG-21 that way, but with a lot of rescribing and the old Monogram kit I think better to opt for a good solid colour coat. 

Ray

Will you be going for a SEA based aircraft or one of the later ones with wraparound camouflage Ray?

On 5/11/2022 at 11:41 PM, helios16v said:

I predict lots of SEA.  :D

If I can make this one, the RF-101B is a front runner...in SEA of course.  But I've also several F-104 options to consider, including a couple lovely J airframes.  :coolio:

I think you are right Chris, there will be plenty of SEA schemes.

It would be great to see an RF-101B, not something you see very often.

2 hours ago, reini said:

NMF and SEA - best 'schemes' there are, both are fine :D And let's not forget air defense gray ;)

Agreed, and with all 3 possibilities in this GB then there should be some great looking models.

🇺🇦

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

Will you be going for a SEA based aircraft or one of the later ones with wraparound camouflage Ray?

Hi Craig,

I have not decided on the subject although it will be 1970-73 either Vietnam or Thai based so expect a light coloured FS36622 underside. I will possibly use the kit decals, this being the Revell boxing. They seem quite good. Then again, I would be very tempted to grab the Caracal CD48143 decals if they were still available here in Europe or back in Australia. Great product @CaracalModels and, importantly, fun to use.

This build is one I am really looking forward to. I am committed to a full re-scribe although I am more interested in trying to better replicate the actual panel finishes so grooves are very subtle with the weathering really captured in using oil paints. We'll see. 

Ray

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ray_W said:

I will possibly use the kit decals, this being the Revell boxing. They seem quite good.

The kit decals were a big selling point of this reissue, Revell at their best.

Though they will be fairly old by now and Caracal decals do give very good and stress free results.

🇺🇦

• Like 1

Hi Paul @Dansk

Just going through my kits and decal stash for this one, all 104’s. Are special schemes ok? Mainly Luftwaffe retirement schemes.

Thanks 

James

• Like 1

1 hour ago, franky boy said:

Hi Paul @Dansk

Just going through my kits and decal stash for this one, all 104’s. Are special schemes ok? Mainly Luftwaffe retirement schemes.

Thanks 

James

Hi James,

Yes mate special schemes are perfectly alright, any scheme you like as long as its not a WHIF.

🇺🇦

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jb65rams said:

With nothing on the bench at the moment, took the time to dig through the stash to find my planned entries for this GB. Can’t wait to start.

Century Series GB

I have two of the Voodoo’s in the stash, one for this build and one for a future. I also plan on doing an F-100F misty/weasel. Id love to get a hold of one of those italeri early Starfighters, I've only ever built “G’s” and “J’s”. I want to do an early one like this and a twin seat “D” someday. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Jb65rams said:

With nothing on the bench at the moment, took the time to dig through the stash to find my planned entries for this GB. Can’t wait to start.

I have both of those kits in The Stash.

• Like 2