The Century Fighters GB Chat

Dansk

1 hour ago, Dansk said:

I’m going for a italeri’s marinefleiger f-104 in 1/32, with resin wheels, full resin exhaust and nozzle (with etch flame holders etc), resin seat (with etch belts), metal pitot tube, montex masks and stencils…

:popcorn: 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, modelling minion said:

Always happy to spend other peoples money for them eh Rich.😉

That one post from him cost me 20 euros already. Maybe we should just ban him from posting on this GB. He’s a bad influence Craig. 

• Haha 6

13 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

I'm sooooo looking forward to this GB.  Not just for the models but also for the daft banter in the chat thread!  :lol: 

Don’t worry Enzo. If we can keep Rich away from here we might be able to keep somekind of quality threshold on the conversation. 👍

(and lid on financial accounts)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

Always happy to spend other peoples money for them eh Rich.😉

He's good at that.  Flushed my play money the other night after a "hey check out this recce conversion"...which led to the inevitable, "well, if I'm making an international order, what else would I like that isn't readily available to me?"

And I will now have to buy another kit for it.....

Another Z-M Phantom no less.  :rofl2:

• Haha 7

10 minutes ago, Dansk said:

Don’t worry Enzo. If we can keep Rich away from here we might be able to keep somekind of quality threshold on the conversation. 👍

It's never happened before.  I don't see why it would happen now...  :D 

• Haha 5

... some one rang?? :D

9 hours ago, Dansk said:

That one post from him cost me 20 euros already. Maybe we should just ban him from posting on this GB. He’s a bad influence Craig. 

Only 20 euros!!!  I must be slipping..... let me go re-check as I'm sure you've forgotten something.......

9 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Oh yes, that he most certainly is but if we ban him from here he will go on to corrupt others that aren't onto him and his wily ways so its best if we keep him where we can keep an eye on him.

Corrupt!!!! No I merely help enlighten follow modellers of the "Joy's of Modelling".... that's the update version of that 80's book!!  :hmmm:

9 hours ago, Dansk said:

(and lid on financial accounts)

... as if.....  :rofl2::rofl2:

9 hours ago, helios16v said:

He's good at that.  Flushed my play money the other night after a "hey check out this recce conversion"...which led to the inevitable, "well, if I'm making an international order, what else would I like that isn't readily available to me?"

And I will now have to buy another kit for it.....

Another Z-M Phantom no less.  :rofl2:

...ok blame poor old uncle Rich for your lack of will-power, I can't help it if I find all these wonderful builds for everyone..... and hey I don't even charge for this service! :thumbsup:  Hmmm now there's an idea! :hmmm:

It really sounds like you lot are missing my every glowing and enlightening presences.....hmmmm  you know looking at my build schedule, there looks like there may be an opening around the time of this GB!!! :yahoo:  ......and I really don't have to really sell my Kinetic F-104G (well I might)... and I'm sure by then I'll have something to come annoy/join you with by then!

Century Fighters GB build mates!!!!! :yahoo:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, trickyrich said:

It really sounds like you lot are missing my every glowing and enlightening presences.....hmmmm  you know looking at my build schedule, there looks like there may be an opening around the time of this GB!!! :yahoo:  ......and I really don't have to really sell my Kinetic F-104G (well I might)... and I'm sure by then I'll have something to come annoy/join you with by then!

It sounds like you are going to join in then.

We could both build our Kinetic F-104's! Though I am leaning towards an F-100F.

• Like 2

y4m_2EdAsh4Hy2W8dqwOkCRmb3BHmS6dFZ4qnAuo

@trickyrich ... oh master, look what I have acquired during my raiding and pillaging of hobby stores! :hobbyhorse:Seven after market items for this build, that must be good, yes?  I know, there are some decals which hardly counts... but there's plenty of resin too! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, reini said:

@trickyrich ... oh master, look what I have acquired during my raiding and pillaging of hobby stores! :hobbyhorse:Seven after market items for this build, that must be good, yes?  I know, there are some decals which hardly counts... but there's plenty of resin too! 

That is an excellent selection of kit and goodies.👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, reini said:

oh my Padawan, you have pleased your master greatly!!!  :thumbsup:  The AM is strong within you!!!

• Haha 4

Craig maybe we should soon change the name to ‘The Mega Aftermarket GB’ 😁

7 hours ago, trickyrich said:

Century Fighters GB build mates!!!!! 

Oh no we’re utter morons; while trying to ban him we’ve inadvertently guaranteed his participation :doh:

seriously welcome on board Rich, you’re welcome to do the graffitti scheme on the f-104 of course having spotted it first.

• Haha 6

After a little bit of wallet bashing, I've given myself a couple more options:

20220121_203443 20220121_203412 20220121_203604 20220121_203543

Having never completed a Group Build before, I'm not planning to attempt more than one, and that one's going to be the One-Oh-Wonder with Caracal decals for the Hooligans, if (and it's a very long shot) I make good progress with that I might consider adding another probably the Deuce, again with Caracal decals for Penn ANG.

I've also picked up a very second-hand Monogram F-100, but it's missing a couple of critical parts (nose intake and lower intake duct half), I've ordered an AMS replacement nose with FOD cover but it's coming from Australia, so not sure when it will arrive, if it gets here in time that one might replace the Deuce.

• Like 7

6 hours ago, reini said:

awesome reini, this promises to be a stunning build.

1 hour ago, AntPhillips said:

After a little bit of wallet bashing, I've given myself a couple more options:

20220121_203443 20220121_203412 20220121_203604 20220121_203543

Having never completed a Group Build before, I'm not planning to attempt more than one, and that one's going to be the One-Oh-Wonder with Caracal decals for the Hooligans, if (and it's a very long shot) I make good progress with that I might consider adding another probably the Deuce, again with Caracal decals for Penn ANG.

I've also picked up a very second-hand Monogram F-100, but it's missing a couple of critical parts (nose intake and lower intake duct half), I've ordered an AMS replacement nose with FOD cover but it's coming from Australia, so not sure when it will arrive, if it gets here in time that one might replace the Deuce.

welcome onboard Ant, I think you’ll have a lot of fun on this GB. Which is the ‘one-oh-wonder’?

(and did trickyrich make you buy the AM)? 🙃

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

Thats the Voodoo mate, honestly Paul if you're going to be be hosting you will need to get your Century series slang sorted!😉

That’s why I have you onboard mate 😉

• Haha 4

12 hours ago, modelling minion said:

It sounds like you are going to join in then.

We could both build our Kinetic F-104's! Though I am leaning towards an F-100F.

I have the Hahen for Jabo 33 & 34, the "Norm 83" lizard scheme looks cool, so I might do that. Guess I'd better go look for some AM stuff for her now, only have some seat belts. I prob should try and get the Hahen Recon Pod for her?

5 hours ago, Dansk said:

Craig maybe we should soon change the name to ‘The Mega Aftermarket GB’ 😁

Oh no we’re utter morons; while trying to ban him we’ve inadvertently guaranteed his participation :doh:

seriously welcome on board Rich, you’re welcome to do the graffitti scheme on the f-104 of course having spotted it first.

Awww come on, yo'd just miss me if I wasn't here.

Plus by the sounds of it you need all the help you can get with plane names!!!!  :rofl2:

• Haha 4