The Century Fighters GB Chat

Dansk

12 hours ago, Lightningboy2000 said:

Hi Dansk, could you add me to the list for this group build. 

I failed miserably & binned a Valom 1/72 F-101 a couple of years ago (the only time I've ever binned a kit) & have the same kit to attempt to do again. 

Will be one of the Bentwaters colourful airframes.

Cheers

Martin

Great to have you join in Martin, and with a very nice choice too.

The F-101's from Bentwaters make great modelling subjects and I'm sure your previous experience with the Valom kit will stand you in good stead with another build.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

Great to have you join in Martin, and with a very nice choice too.

The F-101's from Bentwaters make great modelling subjects and I'm sure your previous experience with the Valom kit will stand you in good stead with another build.

Thanks mate, it put me off using alclad gloss black primer! Completely ruined a model. Thanks for adding me.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Lightningboy2000 said:

Thanks mate, it put me off using alclad gloss black primer! Completely ruined a model. Thanks for adding me.

Unfortunately I can't add you to the list as I am only the co-host but I am sure Paul ( @Dansk ) will be along to add you to the list shortly.

I have found that a standard gloss black paint works well as a base for metallic paint, black primers I have used (Vallejo) have proven to be utter pants.

• Like 1

I'm ready! :D

y4mlchkEtwGNwEgcJDdN-DCifjLnYjUAvvROcMnH

Well, for the most part. Still few aftermarket bits and bobs that I need to acquire. Originally I thought I would go all in on the SEA camo and Vietnam - but that would leave out the F-106 and I would need to get another F-101 (which of course wouldn't be a bad thing).

But after some thinking, I decided that I would add little bit variation to my theme so I might go with Greek or Turkey F-102 and Netherlands F-104. Couple of SEA/Vietnam planes with the F-105G and F-100 and the rest painted with the finest gray of all time - Air Defence Gray.

• Like 6

Thanks for keeping things rolling Craig.

sorry for my absence, I have and still am down with corona, its quite a tough ride but things are feeling a bit better now though.

Lot’s of exciting build options emerging in this GB.

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, Dansk said:

Thanks for keeping things rolling Craig.

sorry for my absence, I have and still am down with corona, its quite a tough ride but things are feeling a bit better now though.

Lot’s of exciting build options emerging in this GB.

Really sorry to hear that you have caught covid mate, not much fun is it. Glad to hear that you are starting to feel a little better now and i hope that you are back up to 100% very soon.

No problem with answering a few replies, thats what us co-hosts are here for.😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/15/2022 at 3:32 PM, modelling minion said:

Really sorry to hear that you have caught covid mate, not much fun is it. Glad to hear that you are starting to feel a little better now and i hope that you are back up to 100% very soon.

No problem with answering a few replies, thats what us co-hosts are here for.😉

cheers mate.

apart from being utterly zapped of energy losing my sense of taste and smell completely is a drag.

i can’t smell my favourite bacon cooking and eating it feels like slimey eels texture and my brain says tastes a bit of vinegar. not a pleasant experience.

• Sad 2

43 minutes ago, Dansk said:

cheers mate.

apart from being utterly zapped of energy losing my sense of taste and smell completely is a drag.

i can’t smell my favourite bacon cooking and eating it feels like slimey eels texture and my brain says tastes a bit of vinegar. not a pleasant experience.

That really is pants mate, I would have used a stronger word but I like this forum.

I never lost my sense of smell or taste but imagine it must be terrible, you only realise how important something like that is to you when you lose it. I am with you 100% on the feeling knackered bit though, in fact I still do if I try to do anything remotely physical. I hoovered a couple of rooms this morning to be helpful and it completely wiped me out, such fun. 

Tomorrow is exactly one year since I tested positive so not sure whether I should have a party for my covid or not?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, modelling minion said:

That really is pants mate, I would have used a stronger word but I like this forum.

I never lost my sense of smell or taste but imagine it must be terrible, you only realise how important something like that is to you when you lose it. I am with you 100% on the feeling knackered bit though, in fact I still do if I try to do anything remotely physical. I hoovered a couple of rooms this morning to be helpful and it completely wiped me out, such fun. 

Tomorrow is exactly one year since I tested positive so not sure whether I should have a party for my covid or not?

congratulations i guess craig. 👍🤔

i must remember to tell my wife that I can’t hoover anymore indefinitely - it makes me too tired. 😉

• Haha 2

On 09/12/2021 at 21:37, Dansk said:

we are expecting at least four entries from you Enzo, so please ask santa for more kits

This afternoon I did a cursory search of The Stash and came up with the following:

F-100 x 3     All Italeri, 2 x F-100D, 1 x F-100F

F-101 x 3     Valom

F-102 x 1     Meng

F-104  stopped counting at 10... 

F-105 x 3     2 x Trumpeter.  The third is earmarked for the Monogram Classic GB

F-106 x 1     Meng

F-110 Spectre  x 4       Hasegawa F-4C/D  :D 

F-111 x 2     Hobby 2000 reboxes of the Hasegawa kit

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

This afternoon I did a cursory search of The Stash and came up with the following:

F-100 x 3     All Italeri, 2 x F-100D, 1 x F-100F

F-101 x 3     Valom

F-102 x 1     Meng

F-104  stopped counting at 10... 

F-105 x 3     2 x Trumpeter.  The third is earmarked for the Monogram Classic GB

F-106 x 1     Meng

F-110 Spectre  x 4       Hasegawa F-4C/D  :D 

F-111 x 2     Hobby 2000 reboxes of the Hasegawa kit

Well, you know what you would advise others to do!😁

Except for the Phantoms and F-111's as I don't think they were included in the GB.

• Haha 3

Well, I've already committed to an NMF F-101.

I quite fancy an F-105D in NMF as well.    An F-104 in an odd scheme might be interesting.  I'm thinking of a Pakistani aircraft in the desert scheme that was used for non-flying decoys.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

I'm thinking of a Pakistani aircraft in the desert scheme that was used for non-flying decoys.

That would certainly be different, and very welcome. The Jordanians did the same with some of their F-104's and even moved the tailplanes to try to make them look more like the Mirage F.1's operated from the bases.

1 hour ago, modelling minion said:

That would certainly be different, and very welcome. The Jordanians did the same with some of their F-104's and even moved the tailplanes to try to make them look more like the Mirage F.1's operated from the bases.

:hmmm:  I may be confused and thinking about the Jordanian aircraft..,.    Either way, it's an interesting project. 

edit:    A bit of research shows that the desert camouflaged Pakistani aircraft were actually Jordanan aircraft in Pakistani markings.  This requires far more research but the project becomes even more interesting.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

:hmmm:  I may be confused and thinking about the Jordanian aircraft..,.    Either way, it's an interesting project. 

edit:    A bit of research shows that the desert camouflaged Pakistani aircraft were actually Jordanan aircraft in Pakistani markings.  This requires far more research but the project becomes even more interesting.

One of the things I love about this hobby is that you learn new things about subjects that you thought you knew all the time.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

This will be a really interesting outcome Enzo. An oddly dressed starfighter sounds really exciting to me.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Got my kit and enough aftermarket to make even @trickyrich’s builds look spartan.

I’m going for a italeri’s marinefleiger f-104 in 1/32, with resin wheels, full resin exhaust and nozzle (with etch flame holders etc), resin seat (with etch belts), metal pitot tube, montex masks and stencils… a few of those got added to a shopping basket today.

This is going to be a lot of fun. :thumbsup:

Damn it’s still 4 months away. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Dansk said:

Got my kit and enough aftermarket to make even @trickyrich’s builds look spartan.

I’m going for a italeri’s marinefleiger f-104 in 1/32, with resin wheels, full resin exhaust and nozzle (with etch flame holders etc), resin seat (with etch belts), metal pitot tube, montex masks and stencils… a few of those got added to a shopping basket today.

This is going to be a lot of fun. :thumbsup:

Damn it’s still 4 months away. 

hahahaha you make me laugh!!! More AM extras than me!!!!! :rofl2:

I think 13 bits of AM, and substantial AM too is near the top for me, for my 1/35th Mi-24V...... that was a bit on the extreme side.

.........arr my young Padawan I have taught you well, one day you will become the master.......... one day!! 😆

Guess I'll have to follow this ones, let me know if you want me to find more AM stuff for you! :D

now this would have been a cool scheme!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/360711909663?hash=item53fc1af11f:g:x~gAAOSwLa9UVmOP

Edited by trickyrich
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

hahahaha you make me laugh!!! More AM extras than me!!!!! :rofl2:

I think 13 bits of AM, and substantial AM too is near the top for me, for my 1/35th Mi-24V...... that was a bit on the extreme side.

.........arr my young Padawan I have taught you well, one day you will become the master.......... one day!! 😆

Guess I'll have to follow this ones, let me know if you want me to find more AM stuff for you! :D

now this would have been a cool scheme!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/360711909663?hash=item53fc1af11f:g:x~gAAOSwLa9UVmOP

you have taught me well: I’m currently considering buying all the anyz dials and knobs in 1/32 for it…

https://anyz.io/p/AN024
Oh my that scheme that is an awesome find rich, I might actually have to do that scheme it’s fabulous!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

I wonder if they do it in 1/48th...... and they do, just checked and in 1/72nd as well.

Actually this company Dutch Decals have some nice decals sets available.

i just mailed the guy and he got back to me straight away. so good service too!

• Like 1