Tim's Italeri 1/72 Longbow Apache - COMPLETED

Rejoining the circuit with this Italeri 1/72 AH-64D Longbow Apache.

Won from the 2018 IPMS Avon model show tombolla.

This build will be run alongside my Vietnam Cobra  -  so won't be kicking-off before Saturday.

Italeri-Apache-Longbow.jpg

Parts.

Apache-Parts.jpg

Instructions and decals.   Just realised it says Longobow

Apache-Instructions.jpg

Options.  I'll be going for Army Air Corps,  or in Italerispeak British Royal Army. 

Apache-Options.jpg

And research materials.

Apache-Books.jpg

And finally my previous Longbow build from 2016.

Mirage-Hobby-WAH64-Apache.jpg

• Like 4

Good to see this in the build, and it's turning out really well.

I seem to remember that the first Italeri 1/72 "Longbow" was basically a rehash of their "A" kit, with the mast-mounted radar added (and Stinger missiles). This is the "definitive" Longbow kit though from 1997, with the correct enlarged cheeks (sponsons).

Academy did something similar, in that their first Apache was really an "A", but with optional radar, and the Stingers. It took Academy much longer to issue a proper Longbow kit, although it does look very nice indeed. I started the original Academy kit years ago, but once I saw the discrepancies, I put it to one side, and there it sits to this day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, klr said:

Good to see this in the build, and it's turning out really well.

I seem to remember that the first Italeri 1/72 "Longbow" was basically a rehash of their "A" kit, with the mast-mounted radar added (and Stinger missiles). This is the "definitive" Longbow kit though from 1997, with the correct enlarged cheeks (sponsons).

Academy did something similar, in that their first Apache was really an "A", but with optional radar, and the Stingers. It took Academy much longer to issue a proper Longbow kit, although it does look very nice indeed. I started the original Academy kit years ago, but once I saw the discrepancies, I put it to one side, and there it sits to this day.

Thanks for that history klr.  I had no idea of the intricacies, and am glad to hear that this one is right.

Declaring completion.

First an attack view showing the nose sensors, and sharp ends of the weapons.

The rotor-head was fragile and broke.  Replaced with a well-engineer section of paper-clip, to make the rotor removeable.

Italeri-AH-64-D-Longbow-Attack.jpg

Sinster lines

Italeri-AH-64-D-Longbow-FP.jpg

Italeri-AH-64-D-Longbow-FS.jpg

Italeri-AH-64-D-Longbow-P.jpg

Italeri-AH-64-D-Longbow-RP.jpg

Italeri-AH-64-D-Longbow-RS.jpg

And the weaponry being packed.

Italeri-AH-64-D-Longbow-Weapon.jpg

Italeri-AH-64-D-Longbow-Weapons.jpg

This is Tim signing-off from the GB. 

• Like 4

• 2 years later...

I finally found this after re-reading my previous posts in my thread on my Longbow build.

Your apache(s) have turned out well given the slight inaccuracies and quality of the Italeri kit.

I only hope I can get mine to turn out as good.

Edited by Brigbeale
  • Thanks 1