Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Latest one off the bench, #7 since February. Feels good to be so productive this year after 0 last year and only 2 per year for several years before that.

 

II./JG53

 

January 1944

Vienna, Austria

 

Aires cockpit

Brassin exhaust

BarracudaCast wheels

Quickboost gun barrels

Montex masks

EagleCals decals

Scratch details

Reworked ETC rack

Shortened gear legs

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

 

spacer.png

  • Like 52
  • Thanks 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

Professional grade build and the photography is outstanding. Museum grade for sure!

Link to post
Share on other sites

That's great work, I would go so far as to say the best '109 I've seen

Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely stunning work, one of the best G-6 i ever seen

 

- Build? .......Perfect

 

-Paint job?........Perfect

 

-Weathering?.....Perfect

 

-Photography?.....Perfect

 

 

so you get my highest rank............you made my day.......

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, F-32 said:

That's great work, I would go so far as to say the best '109 I've seen

It would be hard to argue otherwise, wouldn't it?  That's sublime.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow! Thanks for the feedback folks! That's some high praise, I'm glad you all like it.

I feel like I'm getting back in the groove and each build is a little bit better than the last. Plenty more to come!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Another cracker! Can't wait to see your next masterpiece. Would you mind sharing how you get the speckled weathering effects on the prop? Its a bit hard to tell from the pictures if its a different shade of paint or a flecked varnish effect. Thanks in advance!

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GRK said:

Another cracker! Can't wait to see your next masterpiece. Would you mind sharing how you get the speckled weathering effects on the prop? Its a bit hard to tell from the pictures if its a different shade of paint or a flecked varnish effect. Thanks in advance!

Thanks! As for the prop it's a little bit of both, but mainly flecked varnish. I do spray it with slightly lightened base color and do some sponge chipping with a lighter green, but almost all of that is hidden by the varnish trick. I toned it down a little this time compared to my other recent builds, it's AK Matte Varnish with Ultra Matte flecked on it with a brush and toothpick, then a thin layer of Matte sprayed back over top

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Brewer said:

Thanks! As for the prop it's a little bit of both, but mainly flecked varnish. I do spray it with slightly lightened base color and do some sponge chipping with a lighter green, but almost all of that is hidden by the varnish trick. I toned it down a little this time compared to my other recent builds, it's AK Matte Varnish with Ultra Matte flecked on it with a brush and toothpick, then a thin layer of Matte sprayed back over top

Thanks for explaining the method, looks great and I'll be giving it a go on my Fw 190 build up next 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...