1/72 - Hawker Hurricane Mk.I/.IIb/c/Trop/D by Arma Hobby - released - new Hurricane Mk.IIa/b & c boxing

Homebee

Source: https://www.facebook.com/ArmaHobby/posts/3462056447158021

Coming tomorrow - a preview of the next Arma Hobby plastic model kit. We invite you to Facebook, blog and shop in the Friday afternoon.

Considering it'll be most probably a WWII period a/c and in 1/72nd this will be uninteresting to me...

My (Polish) wishes - 1/48th plastic kits from: TS-8 Bies, TS-11 Iskra & PZL-130 Orlik.

UPDATE - as expected: WWII & 1/72nd... another Hawker Hurricane variant

http://armahobbynews.pl/en/blog/2020/08/21/new-arma-hobby-1-72-scale-kit-announced-hurricane-mk-iib/

(...) The 1/72 scale Hurricane series will continue as long as there is interest from modellers. Sea Hurricane IIc and Hurricane IId are possible.(...)

70042-web.jpg

70042-hurricane-bc-foto-003.jpg

70042-hurricane-bc-foto-006-1000x640.jpg

70042-hurricane-bc-foto-002.jpg

Ramka-70042-1024x768.jpg

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 5

We don't need anymore new tool 109's Spitfires, Phantom's, P-51's either.

I don't mind if there was a new tool 1/72 Bearcat, but a far Eastern company has one coming so I doubt it will be that.

A Fairey Battle is a good bet though.

What the world really needs is a new tool  1/72 F-84F Thunderstreak. Not a Thunderflash, then & only then can they have my money! 😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆

I have spoken, you can all now go about your daily lives & I repeat no more 109's, 190's any mention of WW2 aircraft that we already have lovely kits of. Anyway, what was wrong with the Hasegawa 1/72 Hurricane?????

Martin

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Lightningboy2000 said:

Anyway, what was wrong with the Hasegawa 1/72 Hurricane?????

Quite a few things actually: wheel wells; fabric effect on rear fuselage; canopy too narrow; simplistic cockpit; confusing differences between Mk.I & II; Mk.II spinner; and I’m sure there are more issues.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, VMA131Marine said:

Quite a few things actually: wheel wells; fabric effect on rear fuselage; canopy too narrow; simplistic cockpit; confusing differences between Mk.I & II; Mk.II spinner; and I’m sure there are more issues.

The real point I'm making is that companies keep producing new tools of aircraft that are already available widely in kit form. The problems you mention with the above are (to an experienced modeller), correctable but not generally noticeable in 1/72 to the average show judge. I'm sure there are more issues if you look hard enough, but that's down to objectivity of the A.M.S. modeller. Anyway when you mention the fabric, it's not that bad, I thought for a moment you must be thinking of the Revell 1/72 kit. Most manufacturers go for the financially safe bet of what is popular, but just saturate the market with more of the same subject. 

12 minutes ago, Lightningboy2000 said:

The real point I'm making is that companies keep producing new tools of aircraft that are already available widely in kit form.

They produce kits of aircraft that sell

• Like 2

1 minute ago, VMA131Marine said:

They produce kits of aircraft that sell

There's no denying that. They produce very well engineered kits, but how about producing a very well engineered kit of a subject that hasn't seen a new tool in 48 years? Now that must surely attract a lot more sales than a subject that is already widely available.

2 hours ago, Lightningboy2000 said:

Now that must surely attract a lot more sales than a subject that is already widely available.

Maybe, maybe not! There are not that many kits out there that can be considered definitive representations of a particular subject. There are many very good kits, but not many so good that they cannot be improved upon. On the other hand, there are a lot of potential kit subjects that would be doomed to be shelf-sitters if they were ever produced, no matter how well executed they were. If Arma were to produce a new Me 262 to the standard of their existing kits it would sell by the truckload; so would a Bf 109E/F/GK. So would a new P-51D. It’s harder to predict what will do well once you get away from the well-known subjects. 

I’d quite like an injection molded Blackburn Botha though.

1434616181724.jpg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, 352nd Fighter Group said:

JWM hope its True we need a new Tool F8F Bearcat it will so nice 

Good morning

I totally agrre with you a new tool Bearcat would sell very well ..

Some months ago HB announced a serie of Bearcat but since then no news (as far as I know ) ..

And I would be very satisfied with a P 51B/C Mustang ...

Patrice

• Like 2