Land Rover Defender

Although a large LEGO kit, to me it's still a kit. 16" long X 7" wide X 8" high. with 2573 parts. Opening doors (all three) pistons that go up and down, 4 wheel drive, steering either from cab or roof, opening top and side containers and folding side ladder. Time taken based on 3-4 hours per day, 5 days per week equals three weeks in all.

photo-th.jpg

photo-th.jpg

photo1-th.jpg

Excuse the hand/camera shadow!

photo1-th.jpg

photo-th.jpg

photo-th.jpg

And in it's temporary position in my cabin until I find a large enough space behind glass to take it! 

photo-th.jpg

OH and when you open the box within a box your faced with 25 bags of mixed parts!

• Like 9

I think it looks great (full disclosure: I have the Chiron and 911 GT3 done, and am hoping for the Lambo Sian for my birthday.... I really like these things both as fun builds and artefacts when they are done!). Brother in law made one a couple of months ago, but re-engineered it to be RHD. It's dead impressive in the flesh....

Nice job!

best,

M.

• Like 1

Thanks cmatthewbacon yes very impressive. Since visiting the LEGO shop in Milton Keynes, when I saw the Ducati, I've tried to get one but they are all sold out! I had some gift cards for the INTU Mall ( a new addition to the original Mall that opened in the late '70's) owners but as they have gone into administration I thought it best to use them. The store opposite, Debenhams have already gone as have the House of Fraser too, plus most of the various restaurants of the large chains. The main Milton Keynes Centre mall is run by Hammersons who are also in trouble, strange to walk through now virtually empty!

Dead right FunkyChiken, just mark or remember where you got to each time and follow the pages! Nice and calm no stress at all, superb, because you know each part/assembly is going to fit!

Thanks richellis, have you built yours? If so please post them.

Ive just finished the Ducati, my first Lego Technic build and must admit I am hooked.

Really enjoyed the build, so relaxing and I love the engineering of the engines etc.

Might get the Porsche 911 GT3 next or Doms Challenger from Fast & Furious.

Yes andyh aren't they just superb! My next will be the Ducati, it looks great! I'd like to see yours now it's finished.