Amazon ships live missile to Florida

FPDPenguin

Last week an airport in florida was evacuated, they released the reason why yesterday. 

A live Matra R530F was found in a shipping container taken off an amazon air flight. 

https://wearechange.org/florida-airport-evacuated-after-huge-live-missile-found/

It's not the first time one of these missles has turned up where it shouldn't be. 

https://theaviationist.com/2019/07/19/lets-talk-about-the-matra-r530f-air-to-air-missile-seized-by-the-italian-police-during-raid-against-neo-nazi-gang/

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, exdraken said:

How is it possible that private companies can buy and IMPORT live war material anyways???

Shouldn't it all be de-militarized before???

Apparently it was being shipped to a local company that does work on fighter jets. It just seems someone forgot to tell amazon and the airport it was coming. Causing the panic. 

Doing an order on Amazon .....When ticking the box to say what the product is for postage purposes do you tick... miscellaneous ?????

Dick

13 minutes ago, Blimpyboy said:

Don’t you mean “missile-aneous”?

Yes but I  like to spell correctly ...... it was the job  ...... I had to ......so leading by example. :devil:  :P

Edited by jenko
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Des said:

Thank goodness it was not anything quite as dangerous as trying to ship modelling paints !!

Yes I can see the email now to Jamie at Sovereign 

Sorry to say the paints didn't arrive But the cluster bombs mostly did. I am afraid we are one short due to the postie dropping it in the street. Can you send another? The Post Office are a postie short too now. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, JohnT said:

Sorry to say the paints didn't arrive But the cluster bombs mostly did.

Let’s all hope that sentence didn’t just pop up in some Interpol keyword search... 🙄

Edited by Blimpyboy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

I think the company in question bought the French F.1 fleet and all the spares from the French AF. Suspect this was in amongst that lot. 

Not intentional but still a little scary that someone somewhere has this on their inventory and its missing.